Sunday, May 19, 2013

Scary

We finally bought a new car.  The old one was about to give up the ghost.  Transmission was acting up, brakes were going out, needed new struts, the heater was on the way out.  Sounds like me.  It needed over $3000 worth of work done on it.  We prayed about it for a long time and we got a 2013 Dodge Dart.  It's the first new car that we have ever bought together.  We usually buy used cars.  I'm really, really happy with it.  We had severe weather last night and I just new that it would hail on our new car but the hail was really small.  The worst went North of us.

We've started cleaning my mother's house.  Every other week will do I think.  She doesn't have as much junk as Bill's mother.  Although we decided to clean his mother's house too.  I said I would never do that because of the clutter and dust but it really needs to be done and she's just not up to it.  We'll only be able to do one room at a time because of the condition of it.  Hopefully we can get it in good enough shape so that she can sell it.

The other day we took Bill's mother's car to the shop because of a recall and because the hubcaps have been damaged.  They replaced the worst one.  We think that the young man that she allowed to stay with her for a while took her car out when she was in the hospital.  All four hubcaps are cracked.  I have no idea what he did but he's long gone now. 

Bill turns 60 on Tuesday so we are going to have a little birthday party at my mother's house.  Cake and ice cream.  I can't eat the cake but I can the ice cream. 

My hair is still in the growing out process.  I came close to cutting it a couple of times but fortunately I didn't.  I would have really regretted it. 

Photo of the day, we took a drive out to the Refuge in the new car.  The hills are covered with little yellow daisy-like flowers.  We've had enough rain for the wild flowers although we're still in a drought more or less.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I'm glad you didn't cut. So sorry to hear about your FIL.