Monday, February 25, 2013

Gone

The refund that is.  It was fun while it lasted.  I went to the doc and had my annual checkup.  I thought I set aside enough money to pay for it but I've gotten a couple of bills lately.  I don't like surprises but it can't be helped.  They'll have to take payments.  We didn't get everything we wanted but we got the important stuff anyway. 

We're under a winter weather advisory.  Earlier they thought we would get heavy snow and blizzard conditions but that appears to be going away.  They got hit hard in the Panhandle and the western part of the state.  We got some nice rain, a little snow and a lot of wind so far.  I hope this year we will get more moisture and won't have all the fire danger that we had last year.  I'm glad there's not a lot of snow.  For some reason Sassy just can't pee in the snow unless she finds a place where another dog went before her.

Bill's dad took a turn for the worse a week or two ago and we thought we would lose him.  He's doing better now, not great, it's really just a matter of time.  Bill's mom is not doing well either.  Her health is not so bad but we're concerned about her mental health.  She's so worried about income.  When he passes away she will lose over half her income.  We've been trying to get her to get rid of some debt but it's been difficult.  There's a lot of ways that she could cut back.  I guess we'll deal with it when it happens. 

I finished reading Gone With the Wind the other day.  The first time I read it I was in Junior High, many years ago.  I read that the book was an accurate account of what the South was like during the Civil War.  It's a good book but very racist.  The way she talks about black folks is really shocking.  The book was published in the 1930's.  I know several black folks in my church.  People that I consider friends and I just can't look at them the way that book does.  I'm glad that things have changed.  Racism still exists today but I really think it's better than back then anyway.

Photo of the day.  A pinecone, obviously.  The photo was taken a few weeks ago at Ft. Cobb Lake.


Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine, and acts upon them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house upon the rock.  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and burst against that house; and yet id did not fall, for it had been founded upon the rock.
Matthew 7:24-25

No comments: