Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Refund

We got our refunds from the fed and the state and we are happily spending them.  I'm going to the doc for a check-up.  I haven't been in several years.  I had a mammogram on Monday and tomorrow I'll have blood tests done.  Then next Thursday I'll have my check-up.  Next the car will get it's annual tune up and I hope there is nothing too expensive that needs to be done to it.  Bill would like to get his eyes examined and maybe get new glasses.  I hope we have enough to cover all this. 

Bill measured my hair the other day and it's grown a whole inch in the month of January.  That's unusual for me and it may not happen this month but I'm happy with it anyway. 

We drove around the other day and took a few new photos.  The one in the header is new.  Unfortunately the owners of the ranch are not related.  Too bad, I wouldn't mind inheriting a ranch although I wouldn't know what to do with it.

We may do some more riding around tomorrow unless it's raining.  I hope it does rain.  Not that I don't want to go for a drive it's just that we desperately need rain.

We are having trouble with Bill's parents.  Medicare is no longer paying for his dad's stay in the nursing home.  We tried talking to DHS and they said he has too much money and they can't help.  We tried VA and they said he doesn't qualify for assistance either.  That's something that I don't understand.  He's a Korean War and Vietnam War vet.  He's retired after 26 years in the army.  I think he deserves something  for his service.  We have been told to contact our state representative and get him to do something.  If we can't get some assistence that Bill's mom is going to have to pay all the bills and that would take all the money that she has.  I hope and pray something can be done for them.

Photo of the day, one that we took last Saturday.  It's a view of Fort Cobb Lake with a whole flock of geese taking off.













Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord of Hosts.
Zechariah 4:6b

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hey! I finally made it back to read your blog. I wanted to tell you that we ran into the same thing with the VA and FIL. The family kept rattling cages and finally got some assistance for him. Don't give up!