Monday, March 14, 2011

Dry

Bone dry.  We haven't had any rain in a very long time.  Droughts are common in this area but still a thunderstorm would be a nice thing, no tornadoes, just rain thank you.

We were on vacation all last week.  Couldn't go anywhere, no money, but I enjoyed it anyway.  We did get 2 rooms cleaned up, hauled away a lot of junk, some to the dumpster and some to Goodwill.  I'm really happy with those rooms now they're not so cluttered, they're actually comfortable. 

I have a whole stack of books to read, I love having books waiting to be read.  That doesn't mean that I won't add more because I will.  I'm a bookworm. 

I finished an oil pastel the other day.  It is based on a photo that I took last year.  I'm happy with it.  I have several photos on my camera that I need to load on the computer.  I'll do that later.

I really need to clean my shower, it's icky.  But then, I'm pretty lazy.  It'll get done one of these days. 

In June we start a new Sunday School year.  I'm going back to the adult class that my husband is in.  Time to be with grownups for a while. 

I've lived in Oklahoma for 32 years now.  Longer than I've lived anywhere.  Over half my life.  I'm happy with it.  I love Okieland.  My mother and grandmother were born here.  I was born in eastern New Mexico, not too far away.  I've been doing some snooping on the Internet and discovered that one of my great-great grandfathers is from Arkansas and his parents came from France.  So I have some French blood mixed in with the German. 

Photo of the day, a turtle on a rock.


















One must not mope because he must stay at home. . .if the trees are not tall enough to suit your whim. . .lie down beneath the branches of any one of them, and, as you look up, the topmost twig pierces the sky.  There is not an oak but will become a giant sequoia in this way.
-Charles C. Abbott

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a gorgeous turtle!! I too am a bookworm, though admittedly I haven't been in the mood much of late. It'll come back; reading is my favorite thing to do in life.