Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday

Saturday is my favorite day of the week.  I think it goes back to childhood when I could sleep late if I wanted to and could watch cartoons instead of having to go to school.  I didn't like Sundays back then because I didn't like going to church.  That changed when I became a Christian.  Makes a difference when you have a reason for going.  But, Saturdays are still my favorite day.  Even when we have to work and we do have to work today.  The Children Ministry has a big program going on, games, food, fun.  It involves several churches, not just ours.  Unfortunately there is also a funeral today at 3:00.  The children's thing ends at 3:00 so they have to try and work things out so that the noise of the children doesn't disturb the funeral.  Even though the children's thing ends at 3:00 it will still be a while before they all go home and we have to clean up the mess.  There will be lots of help cleaning up so it's not a problem.  There will be another funeral on Monday.  They were both older ladies who knew the Lord but it's still sad for the families.

I have a lot/hate relationship with new towels.  I love them because they are soft and fluffy.  I hate them because when you wash them little fuzzy things get everywhere.  That's why at first they only get washed with other towels.  Eventually after a couple of washing the fuzzies stop.  But then they are not as soft and fluffy anymore either.  Can't have everything. 

The animal control people here are supposed to pick up the roadkill.  There was a skunk and a raccoon lying in the road.  The raccoon they picked up but the skunk is still there and it's been out there the longest.  The stink is long gone, come on people pick it up.  I hate to see critters lying in the road, it's so sad.  There's no way to prevent it though.

I finished a colored pencil drawing the other day but I haven't photographed it yet.  It's based on a photo that I took a couple years ago of an old barn.  I'm also working on an oil pastel based on a photo I took of a dead tree.  Lovely subjects.

Yesterday was nice and warm and today it's cold and windy.  Typical early spring weather.  Actually, I don't think it's "officially" spring yet.  Things are blooming everywhere, not good really because we could still have a hard freeze.  

Photo of the day, this is a metal sculpture.  It's kinda hard to tell what it is because of the angle but I think it's the Wiley Coyote trying to catch up with the Roadrunner.


















He who testifies to these things says, "Yes I am coming quickly."  Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus.
Revelation 22:20

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Glad you told what the sculpture is supposed to be, and of course, I see it clearly now! LOL I'm so glad you've picked up your art again. You've been doing it pretty steadily for about a year now, yes? I love what you do!