We have new neighbors across the street. The old ones moved away last week, house and all. The new house is really junky and they have 3 big, nasty pitbulls. I thought pitbulls weren't allowed in this trailer park. The dogs were on chains but now they have them in kennels. The wind was blowing so hard at noon that one of the kennels started leaning over and one of the dogs got out. I was outside with Sassy and we headed in a different direction when I saw the loose dog. He saw us but didn't do anything, thank goodness. As of this afternoon the kennels have been repaired and the dogs are back inside. I know some people say that pitbulls can be gentle and make great pets but that depends on their owners. Most people around here want them to be mean, guard dogs. I've thought about carrying pepper spray but with the way the wind is blowing it wouldn't do any good. I need to get something, a large stick or something just in case.
My daffodils are finally blooming. I got several of them from Herbal Annie a few years ago. They have come up every year but this is the first time that they have bloomed. This photo was taken at night that's why they look so washed out by the flash. The wind wasn't blowing as hard last night as it is right now.
I have been doing a lot of drawing. This is the colored pencil that I did based on a photo of a barn that I took last year and following that is an oil pastel based on a photo of a dead tree that I took last year.
We're short on funds again, no haircut for me this week. I'd rather spend the money eating breakfast out on Thursday. We're going to try another place that we have never been too, one of those little mom and pop places that have been around forever. We met a friend at the place we went to last week and he paid for our breakfast. We weren't expecting him to pay for us but when we asked the waitress for our bill she said it had been paid already. That was nice of him.
Thy hands have made me and fashioned me; give me understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments.
Psalm 119:73



2 comments:
This is such a great site! I like the images in it! Nice dog!...Daniel
Love the paintings, Kathy! (Oh please tell me that I remembered your name right after all these years. It would be shamefully ignorant of me if I botched it again!) I think we're shortly into tornado season here too. As soon as the winter comes to an end, that is. Back to freezing temps here for the next week or so. Sigh...Love the daffodil too. Nothing blooming here yet, but I am seeing some grass shoots that are looking green!
Post a Comment