Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cloudy

We're under a tornado watch and there are some big storms west of us but they're going north.  Maybe we'll get some rain later.  I don't really want violent weather but that may be what it takes to get rain around here.

I think Sassy must be lactose intolerant.  Bill gave her a little piece of cheese the other day and she's had diarrhea off and on the last day or so.  I gave her some Pepto Bismal an hour or so ago, hope that helps.  When I walked her this morning she got poop stuck on her behind and I had to give her a bath to clean it off.  Dogs will eat just about anything whether it's good for them or not.  It's our job to look out for them.

Next week there will be some changes at work.  The guy who is our supervisor has a violent temper.  He tells people off and is very rude and inconsiderate.  Lot's of people have complained about him.  Bill and I had a run-in with him a few weeks ago.  He yelled, cussed and told us to find jobs somewhere else.  Well, I went to the associate pastor who is also the church administrator and told him what happened.  That's when I found out that Mr. Grouch is going to be replaced.  They have been looking for someone for quite a while.  The new person starts next week.  Mr. Grouch isn't fired, he's just going to have a different job.  One where he can work by himself since he doesn't "play well with others."  I don't know how he will take the change though.  I suspect he will throw a tantrum, he's famous for those, and just quit.  If he does that's fine.  We deal with the public a lot and we have to be nice and polite to them, not chew them out.  We'll see what happens.

We took three short road trips during our vacation.  Once out to the Refuge, to Wichita Falls and to Oklahoma City.  My brother went with us to the City.  It was a good vacation.

I finished crocheting an afghan and did several colored pencil drawings.  I really need to take pictures of them and show them here.

Photos of the day, taken during vacation.  The first two were taken on Medicine Creek near the Refuge.  The last one is of the falls at Wichita Falls, Texas.



















I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the threeness,
Through confession of the oneness
Of the Creator of Creation.

I arise today
Through the strength of Christ's birth with his baptism,
Through the strength of his crucifixion with his burial,
Through the strength of his resurrection with his ascension,
Through the strength of his descent for the judgment of Doom.

I arise today
Through the strength of the love of Cherubim,
In obedience of angels,
In the service of archangels,
In hope of resurrection to meet with reward,
In prayers of patriarchs,
In predicions of prophets,
In preaching of apostles,
In faith of confessors,
In innocence of holy virgins,
In deeds of righteous men.

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven:
Light of sun,
Radiance of moon,
Splendor of fire,
Speed of lightning,
Swiftness of wind,
Depth of sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me:
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's host to save me
From snares of devils,
From temptations of vices,
From everyone who shall wish me ill,
Afar and anear,
Alone and in multitude.

I summon today all these powers between me and those evils,
Against every cruel merciless power that may oppose my body and soul
Against incantations of false prophets,
Against black laws of pagandom,
Against false laws of heretics,
Against craft of idolotry,
Against spells of witches and smiths and wizards,
Against every knowledge that corrupts mans' body and soul.

Christ to shield me today
Against poison, against burning,
Against drowning, against wounding,
So that there may come to me abundance of reward.
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the threeness,
Through confession of the oneness,
Of the Creator of Creation.

-St. Patrick

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It is never fun working with someone who isn't nice, is it? It has been a long while since I've worked anywhere that didn't have that one bad apple. I have always quit rather than deal with it. Not so this time. I just try to avoid her as much as possible. Looking forward to your drawings and so glad to hear that you had a good vacation. I was in Wichita Falls from August through beginning of March a long time ago. Do you know I never saw the falls? LOL

April said...

I'm glad Mr. Grouch is being put into another position. He must be a very unhappy person to always be attacking people like that. It's so hard to be around people like that.

I hope the tornadoes pass you by; we're still in tornado season here too, but haven't had any warnings for awhile now.

I've not crocheted in a couple of months, but want to finish my kitchen curtains so should get back to it. For some reason though I really switch gears when the seasons change and do totally different activities.

Autumn Leaves said...

I could swear I left a comment. Maybe it got lost when blogspot went down. At any rate, I am so glad you had a good vacation and that hopefully your working environment will soon be much more easy on your spirits.

Jules said...

I'm just amazed that someone like Mr Grouch works for a church - or have I got it wrong? Where is his Christian love? I know it's not always easy to live and work with other Christians (hey, I work in a Christian organisation so I know what I'm talking about) but aren't we called to be different and to be salt and light in the world? How can we do that if we act no differently to unbelievers?