Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Still Here

The world didn't come to an end Saturday.  I guess you kinda figured that out.  I didn't believe it was going to happen anyway.  Jesus said no one knows the day or the hour, only the Father.  It'll happen in God's good time.  Until then we keep on keeping on.

Last Thursday night we got 5 inches of rain, it was wonderful.  Last night there was more rain and we got a little today too.  In some places the weather is getting really violent.  I heard that I tornado went through the northern part of Oklahoma City a couple hours ago.  I missed the first part of the news broadcast but they did say that a tornado went through Chickasha which is southwest of OKC.  I guess I'll have to wait until 10:00 to get the news.  I hope and pray that no one was killed.

Sassy has been sick, diarrhea mostly.  I took her to the doc Friday and got some medication for her.  She seems to be doing better.  I don't know what caused it.  The doc said her throat was raw looking so I guess she had an infection.

Our annual Armed Forces Day parade was Saturday so the photos of the day are from it.  I took over 100 pictures, obviously I'm not going to show all of them here.  It was fun though.




















I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
-Henry David Thoreau

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

So glad you guys are ok, Kathy. Your comment about your husband and how you feel when around his family...that is exactly how I feel around my own. At any rate, I guess these are the Ft. Sill guys? Looks like fabulous weather for the parade, at least. Hoping Sassy is feeling even better today.

Shelby said...

I'm glad your still here.. I'm glad we're all still here. I still have so much more I want to do. But like you know.. God will do it on HIS time. All we can do is to live the best we can until then. :D
I hope Ms. Sassy is feeling better.