Monday, August 15, 2011

Long Time No Post

It has been a long time.  I just didn't feel like writing anything here.  We did get some rain the other day, about 1/2 inch.  That's almost a flood for us.  I heard a little rumble of thunder a while ago.  Hope we get some more rain.  The drought is a long way from over but the rain is helpful.

We're on vacation this week.  As usual we can't really go very far but I like just being off and sleeping late.  Yesterday we took a nice road trip and I took the photo that is in the header.  More and more of those windmills are going up around here.  They are huge!

Last week we bought a window unit AC to put in the living room.  The central air is still working but we don't know for how long so we thought we would be prepared.  Thanks to the window unit the central air isn't working so hard.  My brother came over the other day and brought another window unit for our bedroom.  That's very thoughtful of him.  Now we need a couple more ceiling fans and we'll be all set. 

My new colored pencils came in last week.  It's so fun looking at all the colors.  I have them categorized.  Now I need to draw something with them. 

Photos of the day, the oil pastel and colored pencil drawing that I did a couple weeks ago.  The first one is the oil pastel.  It is based on a photo that I took over 20 years ago of the creek at Falls Creek Youth Camp.  The second one is based on a photo in a book.  I made a lot of changes, added and subtracted some elements.  I really like the way these two turned out.



1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love both pieces but the second really resonated with me. I'm feeling much like those flowers.