It started during the night and it has been raining most of the day. I love it. The drought isn't over yet but every little bit helps. The temp is also much cooler and I'm loving that too.
The place where I live has been having water problems and they have had plumbers out here all week. Every day they have shut the water off during the day. We have to make sure and turn the water heater off otherwise it will be damaged. It's been raining all day today and they still cut the water off while I was doing laundry. I don't think the heater was damaged though.
Our neighbors on the east side have been gone for several days. The have a little cat that stays outside all the time. They didn't leave any food out for it and I haven't seen it in a while. I wonder if it ran off. They should have taken it somewhere to be boarded while they were gone.
I tried working on a quilt the other day but it made my hands hurt. Looks like quilting might be a thing of the past. I'm not willing to give it up yet though. I think I keep my hands to tense while I'm working. I need to learn to relax.
I finished an oil pastel the other day. It's based on a photo that I took over 30 years ago the last time we were in Colorado. I wish I could go back there again. Maybe some day before I die of old age. Anyway the painting is of a creek. I stood in the middle of the creek to take the picture, it wasn't very deep, actually I was probably standing on some rocks, don't remember though.
2 comments:
I think this is my favorite of all your paintings thus far, Kathy. It really is beautiful and the depth of color is phenomenal. I know what you mean about the pain and stiffening in the hands. Mine swell between each of the knuckles, especially on the right hand though I am noticing it more and more on the left as well. I can barely wad up a receipt for the garbage! So glad you are getting the rain at last. And I always hated it when the park we used to live in shut off the water during the day for repairs to their system. It was never convenient.
Love the oil painting. You really have a gift with the brush.
I haven't done any quilting in ages but I'd hate to give it up. Perhaps you could do it in little spurts without it hurting.
Post a Comment