Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Rain

We got almost 2 inches of rain over the weekend.  We were going to Medicine Park on Saturday for an Indian flute festival but it started raining so we had lunch at Meers instead.  It just poured down, it was wonderful.  I found out later they went ahead with the festival.  They played their flutes in the rain and people stood around with umbrellas.  I was hoping they would postpone it until another day.  I love rain but I'm not willing to stand out in it even with an umbrella.

We're taking our last week of vacation this week.  Yesterday we took a long drive, through Frederick then on the back roads to Altus then north on highway 19 (my favorite highway) around the mountains and then home.  Took lots of photos.  I would have had a better time if my allergies weren't so bad.  I'm getting worn out with all the sneezing and nose blowing.  It won't clear up until we have a freeze.  Otherwise, I love fall.  We were going to ride around a little today but Bill wasn't feeling very well so we stayed home.  I guess I should have cleaned house but I don't want to, not today anyway.

I finished an oil pastel of some flowers.  I like the way they turned out, kind of modern art like, sort of.

Photos of the day, there will be several.  First the oil pastel.

















The picture in the header is the north fork of the Red River, finally has some water in it.

Next a live armadillo.  A rare sight, we usually see them squished on the side of the road.  I don't know how long this one will last because it was pretty close to the road.

















 A nice view of the Wichita Mountains.  I love our little mountain range.  I was standing in the stubble of a wheat field when I took the picture.

















I have several more photos but I'm having trouble getting them to load, maybe next time.

Tomorrow is shopping day.  Probably won't be much money left over once the bills are paid, in fact I know there won't be much left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful photo (bottom)! Your painting reminds me of a Van Gogh, a bit.

Liliana said...

What a shot. An armadillo! You lucky grrrl. I've only seen dead ones and it always so sad. They sure are cute.