Late Saturday night we were awakened by a loud bang and a rattling noise. At first I thought we were hit by a strong wind but there was no storm going on. Then it sounded like someone throwing rocks at the house but no one was outside. Bill said maybe it was an earthquake. Sure enough we found out the next day that it was an earthquake. The quake was centered somewhere east of Oklahoma City. I think they had damage back that way but we didn't have any.
Today we're having severe weather. They had a tornado west of us. They showed a video of it on the news. It was pretty big there for a while, some damage done but no one injured. There's still a lot of storms out west but so far it's going north of us. I hope we can get some rain out of this deal. Don't care for the wind or hail though.
My cold seems to be getting worse. I'm all stopped up, sneezing and feeling icky. I wish I could stay home from work but I guess I had better go in. Oh well. We're getting Thursday and Friday off this week because of Veteran's Day. I'll rest then.
Photo of the day, two donkeys watching me watch them.
3 comments:
Love the photo of the donkeys!
So glad to know you and Bill are ok and that you came through unscathed from the recent bout of serious weather conditions. I hope you are taking something to help you feel better. I always liked TheraFlu. Always seemed to help some with the symptoms.
Earthquakes and tornadoes - hope there's nothing else headed your way.
Look after yourself with that cold. We can be cyber sufferers together.
Oh my! I bet that was a little scary with the earthquake! I hate when there are tornadoes near us. We had a tornado touch down in our backyard when we lived in the country, and it was one of the scariest days of my life. The sound alone was unbelievable. I hope the storms have passed. I also hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment