Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Long Time No Post

I just haven't felt like getting on the Internet very much lately.  I'm getting behind in reading my list of blogs too. 

The church put up the Christmas Village last Saturday and now we need things for the different shops.  There is a new shop this year.  A bake shop and I've been baking things for them.  They want everything but cookies because there is already a cookie shop.  So far I've made two coffee cakes and two quick breads.  I'm planning on making some more stuff.  Christmas Village will be open the first full week of December so there's not much time.  This is our second year and word has gotten out.  People are asking about it.  It was a lot of fun last year.  We have different shops, where stuff is given away.  The bake shop, where I think they will give away slices not whole cakes or pies.  A cookie shop where kids will decorate cookies.  Santa's Workshop where kids will make things.  A country store where canned goods will be given to people in need.  There will also be several groups from the community who will entertain.  A lot of work but a good way to reach out to the community.

I haven't done any artwork lately.  I've thought a lot about it but just haven't done it yet. 

Tomorrow we're going over to Bill's sister's home for Thanksgiving.  He hates to get together with his family because they have nothing in common and they also tend to be pretty temperamental.  His younger brother likes to pick fights with his mother.  Oh well, mandatory fun.  I'm bring a pie which they probably won't like since they are all picky eaters.  But that's OK.  If they don't like it there will be more for Bill and me to eat.

I hope we all keep in mind this year what we are thankful for.  We all have a great deal to be thankful for.  A home, a job, a good husband, health, friends and family (even if the family can be difficult at times.)  Also a great church home and a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Photo of the day, an old, abandoned farmhouse that we saw when we were out riding around.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm struck by the dichotomy of what looks like a pyramid in the background (I know it isn't) with the western looking foreground. What a great photo!! I hope your Thanksgiving day went better than you had hoped!