For the past 3 years or so I have gotten a stomach virus around this time. I was hoping this year I could avoid it because I got a flu shot. No such luck. I got sick about an hour ago. It's all calmed down for now. Maybe that one brief bout is all I'll get this time. Hope so anyway. I really hate throwing up. But then I can't imagine anyone liking to throw up. I've also had a bad backache the last couple of days. I've stayed home from work to rest my back. Bill had some pain pills that help quite a bit. They don't take the pain away they just kind of take the edge off of it. Even though I feel better now I'm still going to stay home tomorrow. My back still hurts and I don't want to make it worse by doing too much.
The church is having our Christmas Village again this year. Bill and I were supposed to help out in one of the shops tonight but there's no way that I can sit at a table and make crafts right now. Even if I didn't have a back ache the throwing up would have been a problem. I hope the attendance is good. The village looks beautiful. They did a great job decorating.
It's been a long time since we have gone for a ride. I miss it. Maybe when all the sickness is over with we can go somewhere.
I finally started on the colored pencil drawing that I have been thinking about for a long time. I love doing art but it takes a lot of concentration and sometimes I'm lazy. I guess that's why I don't work on it every day although I think I would enjoy doing it everyday. In the past whenever I started something I always felt like I had to finish it right away. Now I like taking my time. I'm in no hurry to get done. I enjoy the process of drawing or painting something.
It's been about 3 months since I last had my hair cut. I'm tired of extremely short hair. Bill likes it short but I really want some hair. He thinks it's too thin but I don't care, I still want some hair. When it's really short I feel like a little old man. I've heard that having long hair and wearing it in a bun would make me look like an old lady. Well, looking like an old lady is better than looking like an old man. I'd like to have enough hair for a ponytail or a braid. I'd like to twist it up and wear a pretty clip in it. Bill says whatever I want is fine with him.
We put our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving. That's our family tradition. It looks gorgeous. We did more decorating this year. I guess we're in the Christmas spirit. We bought a new flat screen TV. That will be our present to each other. I really, really enjoy it. Everything looks so sharp and clear on it. We have a large collection of Christmas DVD s that we watch every year. They look great on this new TV.
We were supposed to get snow the other day but it bypassed us. That's OK, we got enough snow the last two winters to last me for a long time. It would be nice to have one of our normal mild winters this year.
Photo of the day, a rerun. This was the ice storm from two years ago. Hopefully we won't see this again this year.

2 comments:
Congrats on the new tv. We got a new flat screen last year when we moved in the house and boy howdy, are they nice. How clear can they makes these things anyways? In the 90s we bought a huge tv. It must have been three feet from back to front and heavy. Those things are dinosaurs now.
Your monologue about your hair had me cracking up. I sure like your humor. I think it's a dry humor? Unless you weren't trying to be funny at all in which case I've put my foot in my mouth, eh.
I surely hope your back is better soon. I've had no swelling episode for a couple week. PTL. I am still dealing with the hives though. But I'll take hives over swelling any day. Sorry to hear about your bout with the flu. We got shots this year too and several people we know have suffered through the flu. I sure hope the shot helps. Maybe at least it could make the flu less severe? Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and your Bill.
I so hate to hear that you aren't feeling well. I hope that today has you feeling much better. The ice photo is beautiful!! As to the art, it takes me quite awhile to finish a piece. Lack of energy and fatigue are the biggest culprits, then throw in fear that I'll ruin it or not have it come out like I picture it and it just brings things to a standstill for awhile.
Post a Comment