Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Village

Our 2nd annual Christmas Village was last week.  I missed most of it because of sickness but we were there the last 2 nights.  It was great.  We had a lot of visitors from all over.  Bill took a lot of photos and I'll post some of them here.

The backache has finally cleared up.  Putting ice on it helped.  At first I used a heating pad and that made it worse.  Back to normal now. 

Christmas is coming up fast.  I'm not sure I'm ready for it to come and go so quickly.  I like to stretch it out a while.  Oh well, time flies.

We had several shops were kids could make ornaments, decorate cookies, make a Christmas card and a candle.  A new shop this year was a bake shop where people could sample all kinds of baked goods.  Everything was free.  We had close to 1000 people pass through on Friday and again on Saturday nights.  Santa's Workshop was the most popular one even though some kids were afraid of Santa.  We also had a photo shop were people could get a free family photo made.  Quite a few soldiers who were going to be deployed overseas had photos make with their families.  Several people said they were looking for a church home and were interested in joining our church.  Over in the Chapel a young women accepted Christ as her Savior and Lord.  All the time and effort was definitely worth while.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your church looks huge! And what a fabulous set up! Love the photos too.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is so pretty! That is at your church?? You must have some seriously creative people in your church to come up with something so beautiful.