I didn't blog much at all this year. I had every intention of doing more but I'm not a good writer and sometimes have trouble expressing myself. I can think of things but getting them out of the brain and into print is difficult. I admire writers, people who can put their thoughts into words that others can understand. I took a creative writing class in high school one semester. I really enjoyed it but didn't pursue it any farther. Sometimes I look back on high school and wish I had tried harder and done more but I just wasn't motivated at the time. All I wanted was to graduate and get out of there. I had no desire to go to college although now I think I would enjoy some classes. Not speech, no way, don't like to get up in front of people. But some of the other classes might be interesting. I would flunk out on math classes though, algebra and all that. We moved around so much when I was a kid that I got left behind and never caught up. Oh well, I just like to read. I'm not really interested in a degree of any kind.
I finally started working on a colored pencil drawing based on a photo that I took over 20 years ago. The location is Glorietta, New Mexico. Our church used to go to conferences there every year. We haven't done that in a long time. I wonder if they even have conferences there anymore. The photo is of a road curving around with some trees, flowers, a mountain and a small lake. I'm having fun working on the drawing and I'm in not hurry to get it done.
We need to get out and take some more photos but we haven't had much time lately. It's been raining the last couple of days which is very nice. Hopefully it will help heal some of the damage caused by the drought.
Supposedly there won't be a December 25, 2012 because the world is supposed to end on December 21, 2012. At least that's what the Mayan calendar says. I don't think I'll lose sleep over it.
Photo of the day, this was taken several months ago. Medicine Creek in the background. I think it looks kind of abstract-like with the dead branches silhouetted against the creek. This may be a re-run but I don't care.

3 comments:
I love the photo and I love that name: Medicine Creek.
I too love to read, and if I had to give up everything and keep one thing to do only, it would have to be reading. It is a double win for me because words conjure images and I enjoy that.
I think you do a great job at blogging. You also have a lot of talents, like drawing and painting. I was like you when it came to school. I couldn't wait to graduate and get out of there. I think that is why I homeschool, because I want learning to be fun, not a chore.
I like taking classes of subjects I'm interested in, but didn't enjoy math at all and am like you... don't enjoy getting up in front of people to talk. I'm too much of an introvert and don't like being the center of attention. I like words and have fun writing, but I like images too and try to balance it out. You always have nice photos and pictures you've painted mixed in with what you write too. It's a nice balance. :)
Post a Comment