Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally

Finally (I hope) we are free of cats.  We found four kittens who are no longer there.  Two went under the neighbor's house and two went to the animal shelter.  Mom is very persistant and keeps trying to get back under the house.  I think we have all the holes plugged now.  The most important thing is that the hole in the vaper barrier is closed so now she can't get up in the insulation anymore.  I used to really like cats but now I'm really annoyed with them.  Our neighborhood is full of strays.  No problems with mice though.

I haven't posted in a long because I just didn't feel like it.  I haven't read any blogs in a long time either.  I've been playing Solitare a lot.  I think I have an addiction.

We haven't had any severe weather near us.  The closest was on the Refuge and I think that's been a couple of weeks now.  I hope the drought isn't starting up again.  Right now we're over run with caterpillars.  They're eating holes in everything.  I think I have some bug spray.  I would spray them if the wind would calm down for a while.

Last week Bill had to take his dad to the emergency room.  Turns out he had two kidney stones that they removed.  Unfortunately Bill's mom doesn't want his dad to come home.  She said that she just can't handle him anymore.  He has altzimer's (not sure of the spelling) and it's getting worse.  So, right now he's in a rehab center because they're the only ones who could take him on such short notice.  Bill's sister and mother are looking into getting him a more permanant place to live.  He can't live with any of the kids because we all work and there would be no one to watch him during the day and he really needs supervision.  We had to put one of his dogs to sleep a couple weeks ago because he let him out the front door and he was hit by a car. 

So far I don't like Blogger's new features.  No spell check and I really need that.

No photo of the day.  I took some new ones but right now I'm having trouble finding them on my computer. 

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Sounds like you're in a bit of a slump. I am so sorry to hear about Bill's dad. I hope he isn't feeling afraid. Hoping you do not experience a drought.

Unknown said...

I keep trying to comment, but Blogger isn't letting me. Trying again! I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope they are able to find somewhere for him to stay. I hope you are doing well!