Saturday, November 10, 2012

I'm Back

I decided to start posting here again.  Not that I really have much of anything to say.  But it's nice to just rattle on for a while.  Our finances are really bad right now (our own fault) so we have been cutting back in some areas.  I don't mind paying for things that we use like the Internet.  But we were paying for a lot of TV station that we don't watch.  We only watched maybe two or three.  So we cancelled cable TV altogether.  Bill is the big TV watcher, I couldn't care less.  He can see all his shows on the Internet at a place called Hulu.  We also cancelled the home phone and will just use cell phones.  It saved us quite a bit of money.  Next we have to quit going to Sonic so much for drinks and ice cream.  We were spending almost $30 a week doing that.  Iced tea is cheap and good.  Ice cream once a week is OK but I tend to get carried away. 

Bill's dad is in the last stages of Altizhmer's (spelling?) and is in a nursing home.  He seems to like it there and is content.  That's all that matters.  Sometimes he recognizes his family and sometimes he doesn't.  Bill's mom has been in and out of the hospital lately.  She has conjestive heart failure and a host of other problems.  A lot of them have been brought on by smoking for about 60 years.  She's a very hard headed and opinionated person.  She was driving everyone crazy when she was in the hospital a week ago.  She hates Obama, not really sure why.  But every time someone came to visit or the doctor or nurses would check in on her she would start ranting about him.  I'm so glad the election is over.  

I haven't cut my hair in several months.  I'd really like to grow it out but will I do it?  I don't know.  I'm really happy with the way it looks right now.  Hopefully that will last. 

Still gluten free.  I have to be.  When I eat something with wheat in it I get stomach pain. 

I haven't taken any new photos in a long, long time.  Gas is so expensive that we haven't been doing much ridin around right now.  Although I think we might go to Medicine Park tomorrow or the next day and get some homemade ice cream. 

For someone who doesn't have anything to say I've said a lot.  I think I'll stop now.  No new photos of the day so I think I'll repost an old one.  I nice fall foliage picture, taken last year, somewhere.

1 comment:

Liliana said...

Hiiiii! It's a beautiful picture with gorgeous color. I hope you do get to go to the park tomorrow!