The temps have been the 80's the last couple of days. Nice. I've been wearing capri pants. Of course in a couple of month we'll be griping about the heat.
We're having a hard time getting the cat out from under the house. Thursday we took off part of the skirting and walked around the house banging on the sides. For a couple of days it looked like we got rid of him/her. Then, I think it was Saturday morning, I went around to where the holes were that we had covered. They were secure, but, there was a hole about 3 or 4 inches wide around 2 feet off the ground. We didn't think a cat could get in there but he did. You could see the muddy footprints where the cat had fought his way up and in. So we opened up the skirting again and banged on the house again. I put duct tape over the hole. No one's getting in there now. Silence. Success? Well, Sunday afternoon we heard a whopper of a cat fight under the house. So now we had at least 2 cats under there. Once again we took the skirting off and banged on the house. Then we went to Lowe's and got some repellant and sprayed that all over under there. It has been pretty quiet but last night Bill swears he heard something. I didn't hear anything and neither did Sassy. But just in case we borrowed an animal trap from a friend and baited it with cat food. So far nothing. If there was a cat under there I hope he didn't die. We'll have to get him out before he starts to stink. We're going to leave the trap up all night just in case.
I haven't started any new paintings yet and we haven't had a chance to go out and take any new photos yet. So the photo of the day will have to be a rerun. That's OK, reruns are good. A view from the top of Mt. Scott taken a couple of years ago.

1 comment:
What a gorgeous photo! I'd love to see you do this one! We had a good solid week of heat and then a couple of days of cold, then 76 again yesterday. Weather says only low 50's for the next few days at least. We shall see. The weather is so mercurial!
Post a Comment