Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Voting

For some reason I thought they moved our voting location and we drove around where I thought we were supposed to vote.  Nothin' there.  Then we went to the old place and saw the "vote here" signs.  Some people did have to move to different places.  The turnout was extremely light.  All I can say is if you don't vote you don't have a right to complain about how the government does things. 

Dry and windy today.  We're supposed to get some rain by Thursday, I certainly hope so. 

We got paid yesterday for cleaning up the wedding last Friday.  The first thing we did was go to Hastings and Bill bought a CD of the Gaither Vocal Band and I bought two books.  One is a Louie Lamor western and the other is a book about oil painting.  Some day I'm going to get up enough nerve to try it. 

Photos of the day, more from the Refuge Visitor's Center.

We see racoons quite often around here.  Unfortunately sometimes they are squished on the side of the road.

We hear coyotes howling at night, a very weird sound.

I think these are supposed to be quail.

This is a really cool wall.  It had a longhorn steer, a buffalo, an elk and a deer carved on it.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

That is an awesome wall! What a feature that would be in a library, den, or living room in a cool house! I finally ventured into oils a few years back. They aren't my main choice for art, but it is indeed fun to switch it up occasionally.