The fire danger is high. I hope we're not headed into another drought. While I don't want the severe weather others are experiencing I do wish we could get some good rain. We'll probably have to take the bad with the good though. We do have a good tornado evacuation plan so I'm not too worried. Today was a beautiful day, a little chilly but not bad. There was a wedding at the church last night and this morning we cleaned up after it. It wasn't too bad considering the number of people that were here. There were a lot of kids running around and I just knew they trashed the bathrooms, but they didn't. I was surprised. We get paid extra for weddings so it's not too bad.
After cleaning up the wedding we took Sassy to have her nails clipped and then we drove around a while. We went to Medicine Park and had homemade ice cream at a shop there and then left the Refuge and drove around North of the mountains. A very nice little trip.
I'm working on a oil pastel based on a photo that I took at least 30 years ago. It's of a lake in Colorado, the last time I was there. I wish we could go back just to visit. Actually I wish we could afford to go anywhere just to visit. Oh well. Watch movies and read books.
A few days ago when we went to the Refuge we stopped at the Visitor's Center. They have a lot of displays of wildlife native to the area. So the photos of the day will be of the Visitor's Center.
I have several more but I think I'll wait and post them next time.






2 comments:
Love the new blog template!! Very uplifting and pulls out the similar hues in the photographs. I think this is the longest I've seen your hair in years too (new photo?). It is growing out beautifully and I am envious of your color? I wish I'd never started dying mine again.
Yep, it's a new photo. It's been 6 months since it was last cut.
Post a Comment