Monday, March 19, 2012

Rain

We had a little over 2 inches of rain today.  It's supposed to rain off and on for the next 2 or 3 days.  Wonderful stuff.  Of course it will make the weeds grow like crazy but that can't be helped.  At least we got our lawnmower back and we didn't have to pay anything for it.  It was still under warranty. 

More debt.  We had to buy new mattresses.  But Bill has been sleeping on the couch for the last 2 months because our old bed hurt his back so much.  Unfortunately the bed we bought caused back pain after only sleeping on it two nights.  So, we went back to the store and exchanged it for a better one.  At least I hope it's better.  It costs enough.  If anything else breaks down we're just going to have to do without that thing for a while. 

My brother is talking about trading his old truck and my mom's car in for a new one, just one vehicle instead of two since my mom doesn't drive much anymore.  I wonder if he would sell us his truck and he could take our old car and use it for a trade in.  Can't hurt to ask.

I finished my other oil pastel last night.  So the photos of the day will be both recent oil  pastels.  Now I need to pick out my next project.  The first one here is actually the second one that I finished.  The photo was taken around 30 years ago in Eagle's Nest, New Mexico.  I don't know the names of the mountains.  My brother could probably tell you.  He's good at remembering stuff like that.  The second one which is actually the first one that I finished is based on a photo taken in Colorado almost 30 years ago.  The lake is called North Lake (I think).  The little man there is my dad doing what he did best, fishing.


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Both your paintings are just amazing. You have a unique style and I love it, Kathy! I hope the new bed helps. And good luck with the truck exchange. I hope your brother goes for it. We had a wee bit of rain yesterday, though not much. With the thunder and lightening we've had off and on for the past couple of days, I thought we'd get some decent rain. Not much though.