A white Christmas has never been important to me. I grew up in the desert of Arizona. But today we're getting a full fledged blizzard. Good weather to stay indoors.
Bill's mom is in the hospital again. Since the middle of October she has recieved 11 units of blood. The doctor's haven't been able to determine why she is losing blood. She's had all kinds of tests and doesn't seem to be bleeding internally. Obviously something is wrong though. She has a hernia that really needs to be fixed and I wonder if maybe it is causing some problems. She is supposed to have surgery on the 29th for that. Hopefully that will help. Bill's dad is still in the nursing home. He will have to stay there the rest of his life. He seems to be content, so that's a good thing. They had to give him something to calm him down. Alzheimer's seems to change people's personality. They become agitated and easily upset. We will try to go see him later in the week. The snow will probably melt off in a couple of days.
We were going to spend Christmas with my mom and brother but the weather changed our minds. We'll probably go over there tomorrow and exchange gifts.
One of the bad things about snow is that Sassy has trouble finding a place to relieve herself. It's a pain to have to walk all over the neighborhood to find the right smelling spot.
We're off work all week which is great! Some time this week we're going to see the Hobbit. I've been really looking forward to it. I don't think I want to see the 3D version though because it is a lot more expensive.
Most of the time we get cash for Christmas which is great because then we can get what we want. I have all this cash in my pocket but so far I haven't wanted to spend any of it. That's unusual. Normally money burns a hole in my pocket. Which is probably why we are so deep in debt. We did get rid of our credit cards. Now it's a matter of paying the stupid things off. We need to live within our means. When you use credit cards you're usually buying things you don't need with money you don't have. Personal experience. We can't handle credit cards so we don't need them around.
Photo of the day: a reminder of warmer weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment