Sunday, June 30, 2013

Half Way

Wow the year is half over already.  In Sunday School we were talking about how time seems to be going by faster and faster.  Not because time is really passing faster though.  It's because we're getting older.  As kids time seem to crawl by.  Now because we have so many responsibilities I guess time seems to get away from us.  We don't stop and enjoy things.  "Stop and smell the roses" as the saying goes. 

Bill and I are starting to get more involved in activities at the church and not just because we have to lock up.  The Ladies Ministry has several things going on and the Mens Ministry is doing more too.  I think it will be good for us to get out and become a part of things instead of just being on the sidelines watching.

Wednesday evening we (the church) are having a special outdoor neighborhood party.  The whole neighborhood is invited.  We'll have hot dogs and lots of activities.  I think it'll be a lot of fun.

I've been growing my hair out this year.  I don't remember exactly when I last had it cut.  I think it was in either August or September.  That makes it about 10 months more or less without a cut.  I'm really, really happy with it. 

Photo of the day, we went out to the Refuge on Saturday and took a few photos.  It was very hot but the AC works really well in the new car.  This was taken at Quannah Parker Lake.  The water lilies were really huge.  The photo in the header was taken there too.


No comments: