The hair that is, cut it all off. I spent the last year constantly telling myself that I loved it. But, I hate getting hair in my face, combing out tangles, sweeping up all the hair on the floor and I just didn't like the way it looked around my face. I did like the way it looked from the back but I hated having to put it up. I'm being honest with myself from now on. I love the way I look with short hair and I love the ease of short hair. So I dropped out of the long hair discussion boards.
I'm tired of being obsessed with my hair, it's just hair after all. It's like the whole thing had some kind of stronghold in my mind. I'm learning how to break down strongholds. I also have a stronghold of negativity which I'm working on too. I'm reading a book on my Kindle called the Battlefield of the Mind which is very, very helpful.
Vacation is over, back to work tomorrow. We took a long drive yesterday but I didn't take any photos. We took some of the back roads which unfortunately turned into gravel roads. The grasshoppers were everywhere. The front of the car was full of them. We washed them all off today. Sometimes I think I would like to be retired but I guess getting up and going to work is a good thing after all. Have to do it anyway.
Photo of the day, this was taken at Fort Cobb reservoir. The water level was a little low but not too bad. Bill's parents used to go camping here a lot.
3 comments:
So you cut your hair! Well, nothing wrong with letting it grow out awhile, then going short again. The long makes you appreciate the short more, eh? Looks nice too. :) I had no idea that being long or short was such a dilemma for you. Go with the flow I say!
This post made me laugh out loud. :) I just cut most of mine off, too. I've always wanted long hair, and if someone had told me 30 years ago to stop putting chemicals on it, I would have had pretty hair when my hair was pretty. But now, I'm old, it's thin, and I just felt like I'd let myself go with long, stringy, frizzy white hair. It's still not great, but it's improved. :)
Hope you guys are well! Have a good weekend.
I always feel a little sad when I read that you've cut your hair. I think it looks so pretty long, but it's your hair and you have to be happy with it and you can't - and shouldn't - try to live according to someone else's expectations.
Happy belated birthday. I've been a little absent from the blogosphere of late. Hope you had a great day.
Post a Comment