I got tired of blogging and quit for quite a long time. I can always think of things to say until I get here and then I can't think of anything. I'm not sure why I have a blog. I guess it's kinda like having a journal only not private.
I took the Christmas decor down on Wednesday. Then I had to dust the living room. Normally I get really crabby when I'm doing this but Bill found some Christian music on the Internet and had that playing. So I had a pleasant time of it. I'm by nature a crabby person, not as bad as Lucy Van Pelt of Peanut's. But bad enough. I know that I'm a new creature in Christ Jesus but I can't change without His help. Last year has been a year of learning to rely on the Father instead of on myself. Not totally there yet but we're working on it.
In spite of Obama-Care, I still can't afford health insurance. We make too much money to get subsidies but the money we do make is all tied up in debt. The cheapest policy I found was $250 premium with $6000 deductible. So in essence, I would pay most of the debt out of my pocket which is what I do anyway. I guess this would basically cover me if I had to go to the hospital but $250 is still more than I can come up with. At least until some debts get paid off. The penalty is cheaper than paying premiums right now.
We had almost 2 whole weeks off for the holidays. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. But, I did gain 3 pounds. Going back to work is going to be rough.
We have a new hobby now. Target shooting. We have a rifle, shotgun and 3 handguns. Armed to the teeth! There is a really good handgun shooting range over in Duncan. We go there whenever we can to practice. We could go the a creek bottom and do it but I like the range better because there is someone there to give advice. We have a friend who owns some land and he'll let us shoot there but we don't want to take advantage of him too often. I have no desire to ever kill anything. Lining up Coke cans and blowing them away is my idea of fun. Some people like to shoot birds or small animals but I don't think you should kill anything (except in self defense) unless you are planning to eat it. I know some people who are hunters and I really, really like venison as long as someone else does the hard work. I'll just help eat it.
For what it's worth, the hair is growing out again. Don't know how long it'll last.
Photo of the day, we had an ice storm a couple of weeks ago. It made everything look pretty.
1 comment:
Absolutely gorgeous photo. So glad you're back. Do you have any idea how many times I've clicked over here in the past, what, six months. I. Dare. Not. Say.
Post a Comment