We took a long road trip today. Went to Marlow, turned east on Hwy 29 and drove all the way to I35. Oklahoma is a really pretty place, rolling country. The farther east we go the more rain we get and the greener things get. We went South on I35 to Ardmore. Ardmore is a pretty good sized city, we ate lunch there. Nothing special, we stopped at a Love's and Bill had pizza while I had a salad from Subway. Then we went West on (I think it was Hwy 70) to the junction of 70 and 76. We turned North on 76 and eventually ended up at Comanche. Bill wanted to eat dessert at Dairy Queen. The only Dairy Queen that I know of is in Chickasha so we went North on 81 to Chickasha and stopped at the Dairy Queen. OKC might have some Dairy Queens but I don't know their locations. Wichita Falls (or is it Burkburnett) has a Dairy Queen but we would have had to get on I44 and pay toll to get there. We took our cameras along and didn't take a single picture. We're really slipping. It was a beautiful day but very hot, around 100 I think.
Speaking of Dairy Queens, when I was a kid in Arizona we would go to the Dairy Queen after school and get a 15 cent Pepsi. 15 cents, that tells you how long ago that was. 1960's. My family used to go to the Dairy Queen and get a bag of Dilly Bars and sit there and eat the whole bag. Dilly Bars looked huge back then. The last time I saw one it looked tiny. That's either because I'm an adult now and things that were big when I was a kid are small now or it could be that they are actually making them smaller. I didn't notice if the Dairy Queen we were in today even had Dilly Bars. I wonder if they still make them.
We're trying to give up soft drinks. We did that before and got back on then again. We've both been drinking soft drinks since we were small children so it is very hard to quit. Why quit? Well the stuff is expensive and we really don't need all the chemicals and stuff that is in them. Besides, I don't like being addicted to something. We'll see how long this lasts.
Photo of the day, not taken today obviously. I'm not sure what this flower is called but there was a bunch of them growing on the Refuge a while back.
No comments:
Post a Comment