It's been almost a year since I last cut my hair. I read the post from July 28, interesting. I said that I was keeping my hair short because I liked it that way and that I thought I looked better that way. That must not be true because a few days after I cut it I started letting it grow out again. It's been almost a year now. I've been working on my issues for a year now too. Hair seems to be symbolic of other things. An inability to make decisions and stick with them. The book Battlefield of the Mind has been a lot of help. I'm learning to recognize things, problems, hang-ups. The Holy Spirit has helped me a lot. That's what He does after all. I'm learning that I can make choices, that I can resist, that I can overcome. All my life I was taught to be negative, to have a low self-esteem. I'm learning that being positive is the healthy way for a Christian to be. After all, God is in control. Sometimes I thought maybe I was bi-polar because of the way my mind would start racing around. But, God has helped me to calm down and focus.
We are on vacation this week. Once again we can't afford to go anywhere but I'm enjoying sleeping in and hanging around the house. Along with Bill's sister, Terri we went over to his mother's house and mowed her lawn. We tried to do it last Thursday but her lawn mower broke down on us. Terri has a pick-up truck so she took our lawn mower over there and we took care of the lawn. She's going to take her mother's mower and have it fixed. We did it during the hottest time of the day. I thought I was going to be sick at one point. But, I survived. Bill's mom really needs to get rid of that house. It's too much for her but she has a lot of memories there. She's lived there since the 1970's. She really needs to be in an assisted living facility but there's no way she could afford it. She will probably have to move in with Terri at some point. If we can convince her to move out. Her house is a dump. It's needs a lot of work. Several thousand dollars worth in fact. It would be better to sell it at an auction but she thinks she can get at least $80,000 for it. Not a chance.
Bill has a sore on his leg that is taking it's time healing. At first the doc thought he had diabetes but he doesn't. Now he thinks it might be a fungus and prescribed a cream for it. Now we're starting to think it might be eczema because he put some anti-itch cream that is designed for eczema and it is helping a lot.
We drove out to the Refuge a few weeks ago and took some new photos. I need to get a new picture of myself and put it in my profile. Photo of the day, a very mangy looking buffalo.
No comments:
Post a Comment