
Sadly our vacation is over. We've been back to work for two days now. My feet are killing me and I have a lot of aches and pains. But, that is normal. My job is hard work but I'm very grateful for it. On the news a while ago they were talking about the middle class and how people are struggling to remain in it. I don't think Bill and I qualify for middle class. We're more what you would call working class. We live near the bottom of the barrel and that's OK. Although it would be nice if we could afford health insurance. Maybe some day. I just have to trust the Great Physician. Of course I would do that even if I had insurance.
I have really enjoyed our little road trips. We took the last one on Saturday. We drove a few miles east of town. I didn't realize that area was so pretty. It pays to get off the main roads and look around. We only found one house that we could get close enough to photograph. The others were blocked by fences and no trespassing signs. This little house looks like maybe it was built back in the 20's or 30's. It is made up of logs held together by clay.

I had a rough time this afternoon. I had a TV dinner for lunch that was supposed to be gluten free (said so on the label). But I don't think it was. I got the stomach pain that I always get when I consume gluten. I was nauseous all afternoon. No more of those things.
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 3:11
5 comments:
Pretty quilt. I like the colours. :D
Oooh the quilt is beautiful. Sorry to hear the vacay went by so fast. They always seem to do that.
I ought to take some old house pictures to match yours. I like old houses too. The thing is, some of the houses here that look like they ought to be abandoned still have people living in them. I might go up to take a photo and get shot. lol! There are houses with all sorts of garbage and vehicles and toys strewn about. Hard to believe people can live like that.
That quilt is beautiful, K. I think it is my favorite of all of the ones I've seen you do so far. Just such a crisp and clean pattern and choice of colors. I wish I had ideas for you on the working situation. I know how rough it is when the job takes such a physical toll. But it is so cool that you and your husband can work together, isn't it? Love that little house and am trying to imagine it in its heyday. We often do such little trips, though I need to pull out my camera more often!
Some of the houses that we were going to photograph turned out to be occupied. Amazing what some folks will live in.
The quilt is lovely and I'm sure your husband will enjoy using it. Keep bringing on the photos of the old houses - I just love them! A colleague told me that her husband lost his job before Christmas and now no one is interested in even interviewing him because of his age. It makes me thankful that we have employment even if we do moan about it at times. :)
Post a Comment