My allergies are really riled up right now. The pollen count is in the extreme high range, the "red zone." No wonder I've felt so rotten the last few days.
I've been really lazy lately, haven't quilted or knitted or drawn or painted. Just surfed on the Computer and watched TV.
We've been watching SG1. We have all the TV shows (all ten years) and all the movies. We have quite a marathon going on.
Photos of the day, the houses that we saw on our road trip. The first one is my favorite. I bet it was a gorgeous house in it's younger days.
A few miles down the road we found this other one.

While there we found this old quilt hanging on a clothesline. We started to keep the quilt but it was damaged too much from being out in the elements, faded, holes in it and all that.

This is the last house. It's hard to see because of the trees. I probably should have used a different view of it.

This house wasn't completely abandoned. We saw these two living there. Sassy growled and barked at them. They just looked at her like she's nuts.

For the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 2:18
5 comments:
What gorgeous photos! The gables in that first house are wonderful. M and I used to do lots of drives just for the getting out and seeing. With me working, we just do not do much of that any more.
I love that first house! Wouldn't it be wonderful to see it restored and looking as it did in its early days! I also like to think of the lives that have been lived in such houses.
I think it would be cool to restore that first house too. Of course it's in such bad shape that probably couldn't be done.
I have an old house like those on one of my farms. Oh, the stories that they could tell.
I would've taken the quilt...soaked it in some OxyClean and gave it some life. I have one I found on the side of I-40 and drape it over the back of an old chair. It's ripped, holey, but it's still pretty.
I wish I had taken the quilt now but I don't think I can find it again. It was on a side road somewhere.
Post a Comment