Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Something Happened

We skipped spring and went straight to summer. It's supposed to get close to 90 degrees tomorrow. Then on Friday we're expecting severe weather. Oh well.

Allergies have been rough for the past month or so. I think Sassy has some allergy problems too.

I haven't been posting here very often because I have trouble thinking of things to talk about. I'm starting to go blank right now. There's just not much going on in my life that is very interesting. Get up, go to work, go home, eat, rest, watch some more of SG1. We're on season 6 now. I'm not very familiar with that season. Some of these shows I have never seen.

I've started on another pillow quilt. Got the top, batting and backing all pinned together. I'm going to quilt this one by hand. There's no hurry to get it done. Starting in April it will be our turn to lock up at church. That means sitting around for several hours. I'm going to take the quilt with me to work on. I may alternate between the quilt and my knitting. I also have several books to read as well. Locking up is the only thing about this job that I hate. That's because we have to sit around for so many hours. On Sunday we unlock at 3:30 in the afternoon and we don't get home until about 8:30 or later. On Wednesday we're there from 6:00 until about 8:30 or 8:45. If something is going on the other nights of the week we have to unlock and lock up for those things too. Saturday there is a baby shower and a birthday party that we not only have to lock up but we'll also have to clean up. Fortunately we only have to do this for 3 months at a time.

Sassy is really pacing the floor in front of the door. Why does she always do that when I'm trying to post to my blog. I hope she can hold it until I'm done. I don't wanna have to rewrite this.

I haven't done any artwork in quite a while. I need to get back into that. I tend to do it in spurts. Do a lot of stuff and then go for long periods without.

Well I had to stop and take Sassy out, she started pawing at the door. She did have to dump a load. She needs to have her nails trimmed this week. The groomer only charges $3 to do it. I'd rather let her do it. I'm always afraid I'll cut too deep and make her bleed. If the groomer does that then Sassy can hate her instead of me.

It's hard to believe that it's almost Easter already. Do I want an Easter basket? Maybe just one chocolate bunny.

We haven't been out to take photos in a couple of weeks so I'll just post an old photo here. I'm not sure if I've already posted this or not. If it's a rerun, well, it's a rerun.



This is one of the artist's cabins out at Medicine Park.

For the kingdom of God does not consist in words, but in power.
1 Corinthians 4:20

3 comments:

Ice Queen said...

We are expecting a storm for tomorrow and Thursday, so maybe you will get it when it finishes with us. :D

Autumn Leaves said...

I've been wondering where you've been. Glad all is well, though. I think you seem to have such an easy-going nature and that must be amazing. I like your approach to life and what it throws at us. Now...to take on some of that myself!

April said...

I hope you get a spring! I really hate it when it goes from winter to summer. 90 degrees already? We're supposed to be in the 80's this weekend and that's not normal either. I want spring. I miss spring. I might grumble a bit if it bypasses us this year.

I'm not posting much these days either. Life is too structured right now and I have very little time for blogging or anything else. Our commute is eating up so much of our time (and gasoline!). Thank goodness it is only through July. After this weekend we'll have our weekends back though and I can start doing some living in the country blogging - lol.

We have a real estate agent now and this should be our last weekend prepping the house for sale... though I thought the last two weekends were the last. Enough! :)