Thursday, April 1, 2010

Yard Work

We finally got a rake and cleaned up all the small branches that are everywhere as a result of the ice storm. The weeds were about a foot tall and we needed to mow them down. Very little grass, mostly weeds. I wish I could plant a nice flowerbed but we don't have an outdoor water faucet. The iris are doing fine but I'd like to plant some other kinds of things. Bill is not a fix-it type of guy and wants to hire a plumber to do the faucet. I'm sure that would cost a fortune. Maybe I'll just go back to potted plants. I still have to haul water for them but not as much. Or, I could just be happy with the iris, they are very pretty. I have some daffodils that have come up but they still haven't bloomed. Maybe they don't like the clay dirt or maybe they just take a while to get settled in. I've had them a couple of years now. The day-lilies have come up. They seem to be as tough as the iris, don't need a lot of fussing either. I have one small cactus and a pathetic looking Sweet William as well. That's it.

Got a hold of some gluten and I'm still recovering from it. I'm gonna have to be more strict. I baked some muffins a while ago that came out really well. They will be good for snacks at work. You can buy all kinds of really good gluten free stuff but it tends to be expensive. I have quite a bit of good flour so I'm making my own stuff. Sometimes it turns out good and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time it's good. I've been trying to eat less and I've lost a couple of pounds. Of course I've been gaining and losing that same two pounds for a while. I hope I can keep the downward process instead. We haven't eaten out in a long time. It's too expensive and it's difficult to be sure that it's gluten free. I'm happy with the stuff that I cook.

Spring is definitely here, lots and lots of wind. Tonight we have a chance of severe weather. We could use the rain there are big cracks in the ground. I hope there is no large hail that would beat up our car. It's almost paid for after all.

The Sunday School lesson for this Sunday isn't a very good one. The story is good but the teaching plan stinks. I'm going to have to come up with an alternative. That's not too hard. They like to read so we can read the bible story, answer some questions, play a game or two, eat a snack and make a craft. They especially like the snack and crafts. I need to plan for extra kids, attendance is usually up on holidays.

Photo of the day, this looks sort of abstract to me. Dead branches silhouetted against the blue water.



All things are lawful for me, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by anything.
1 Corinthians 6:12

3 comments:

Jules said...

When it's holidays attendance seems to be down at our church. I guess everyone goes away and few visitors come to our part of the world. I know about those teaching plans that stink too. Who thinks these things up? Happy Easter my friend.

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful photo, SchnauzerMom. The colors are gorgeous together. Hoping you have a great time on Sunday. Maybe that would be a fabulous day for a good Sunday School type of video to maybe enhance the lesson? I hate yard work...dirty and bugs just don't go over too hot with me! LOL