We're supposed to get some rain today. I hope so, my flowerbed is dry and I don't want to haul water.
I found some make up that I think will work for me. It's been several years since I've worn make up but I think I picked the right colors. I don't think I'll look like I escaped from the circus when I wear it to church on Sunday. A new hair do, new make up, now if I just had some new clothes. Actually I do have some new used clothes that I found in the church's clothes closet. I've never worn them before so that makes them new.
I did a couple of drawings/paintings in soft pastel and semi hard pastel. They aren't very good but I enjoyed doing them, good practice. Of all the mediums that I've been using recently I think I like colored pencil the best. I think that's because I can control it better. I have a lot more experience with pencils. It's just a matter of time and I will acquire some experience with pastels. I also want to start doing watercolors too. I really need a place where I can leave things set up. It's a pain to have to put things away all the time. I've also had the urge to start making jewelery again, haven't done that in a long time. I've got tons of beads and things. I'm also knitting and quilting. Whew. No wonder I'm not getting any housework done. That reminds me, I have some things in the dryer that need to be put away. Maybe tomorrow. They're already wrinkled anyway.
Arts For All is coming the 2nd weekend in May. That's my all time favorite activity to attend every year. I have no desire to participate, you have to man a booth for 3 days. But, I love to walk around and see what others are doing. We always buy a piece of pottery from the same guy every year. We have some beautiful pieces from him. I wonder what he's done this year. I wish I had the money to buy things from some of the others.
We went to visit my mother and brother for a couple of hours this afternoon. I love my mother but she's tough to be around. A couple of hours is all I can handle. Bill called his parents and wished them a happy anniversary. Now he's talking to his sister. We're getting our family chores done.
Here is the semi hard pastel drawing. Not very good, I know. It's based on a photo I took of a seagull on a rock in Medicine Creek.

This is a soft pastel that I did based on a photo that I took from the top of Mt. Scott. The lake is called Lake Elmer Thomas. That's some politician that lived back in the 1920's.

I finally took a photo of the quilt block that I finished. The inside is made up of cut up old clothes. I bought the material for the border and the backing is an old sheet. Recycling stuff to me is the essence of quilting.

We're going to have to buy a new copy of season 7 of SG1. So far 2 of the D VD's have had problems. Very aggravating.
Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
3 comments:
Gosh, what a fabulous post! I agree with you on the recycling being the basis for quilting. My thoughts exactly and you get some phenomenal quilts out of the process. I love both of your pastels, but think that bird is exquisite. I love how you've silhouetted him with the blue. The rocks are spot on (I just can't seem to manage rocks at all). I too love colored pencils quite a bit, and indubitably for the same reasons. That said, they are quite time consuming! LOL You have to take a photo with the new makeup. I don't think I've seen a made up SchnauzerMom face before, have I?
Correct, you have never seen make up on my face. It actually looks pretty good when I get around to doing it.
LOL...As I've gotten older, I have found that I look quite ridiculous with makeup on. Funnily enough, I used to not be willing to leave the house without it. Maybe I've just gotten used to my old plain face.
Post a Comment