Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day Off

Not a very creative title but it fits.  Today is our day off.  We're supposed to have severe weather this afternoon, so far nothing.  It will probably storm when we have to go to the church and unlock for the Gambler's Anonymous meeting.  Interesting, I never knew there was a Gambler's Anonymous until after people voted in a lottery and all the casinos were built.  I don't know how many people attend.  Most of them aren't there yet when we unlock.

Tomorrow is the big wedding reception.  I'm NOT looking forward to it.  We not only have to unlock and lock up but we have to sit there the whole time.  I think it's going to last for hours.  I hope I'm wrong.  But, they're still down there decorating.  They've been there all day.  That's not a good sign.  I'm glad the wedding isn't at our church, that's one comfort.  Bring plenty of reading material, maybe quilting or knitting.

We have a lot of nasty weeds growing around here.  Every time I take Sassy out for a walk I have to pick all these little curly Q sticker things off of her.  She needs a bath too.

We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast again.  We had a little extra money so it was OK.  I like going there, they have more choices.  I'm pretty sure the stuff I got was gluten free or at least as close to it as possible.

We're still watching SG1 DVD's.  We're on season 7 now.

Photo of the day, another view of the hills on the Refuge.














For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead.  For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all shall be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:21-22

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I wonder why you have to stay at the church during events? Seems you should be able to open up and then go back to clean up and lock up. Hopefully the reception won't be too long. Usually when there is no booze, the parties break up at a reasonable length of time. (I am assuming no booze; my church home never allowed that.) Hoping you bring stuff to do that keeps you occupied in a fun way! I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in a long time. I so love that potato casserole thing...Mmmmm...

FrannyG said...

Going out for breakfast is one of my favourite luxuries. I'm happy that you were able to do that.

Once again, such a lovely photo!

SchnauzerMom said...

Autumn Leaves, we have to stay there in case someone needs something or there is a problem of some kind.

Unknown said...

I haven't been in Cracker Barrel in ages. I love that place. That is awesome that you have been so good at sticking with gluten free!