Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two Drawings

and a quilt square, but, I haven't taken a photo of the quilt square yet. Maybe later. The drawings turned out pretty good. One is colored pencil and the other one is oil pastel. I have a photo picked out to do next. It's a really complicated photo of a river. I think it will be a challenge. Deciding what to include and what to leave out. I think I might use soft pastel on it. It's all good practice and fun.

First the colored pencil. It's a shorebird of some kind but if I get up to check what kind I'll disturb Sassy. She's sleeping in my lap. Don't want to disturb the pooch.



Next the oil pastel. This is obviously a toucan. The eye should be more round, but overall I'm happy with the results. The bird is so colorful it looks man-made instead of God-made. Of course the Lord is very colorful. Look at all the flowers and things out there.



Today has been a busy day. We worked for a while this morning. Then I went to Wal-Mart and had my hair cut. I have totally given up on the long hair thing. I know I've said that several times before. But, my hair is thin and it gets stringy when it's long. I know because I've had it long several times in my life and I always cut it off. I absolutely love the way it was cut. Bill loves it too. It's his favorite hair cut on me. I'm staying with this style probably for the rest of my life. Wash and wear, I can go out in the wind and not have to fight tangles. Hair doesn't tickle my face or get in my eyes. I'm going to donate the hair clips and things that I accumulated to the church's clothes closet. Someone else will enjoy them.

The weather was gorgeous today so we went out to the Refuge. We got a few photos but not very many. No wild flowers yet. But all the trees are nice and green. It's interesting how in early spring the shade of green is light and delicate. Later on in the summer it's darker and almost sun burnt. Maybe there will be flowers in another week or so. I would show some of the photos I took here but I haven't loaded them on the computer yet. Next time. We made the mistake of walking in some tall grass and picked up a couple of ticks. We didn't get bitten. Sassy got a good brushing and a bath when we got home. She loved that, not.

Photo of the day, my new hair cut. I love it and Bill loves it and that's all that counts. I look a lot like my mother, hmmm, well, I am her daughter after all.



All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.
1 Corinthians 10:23

6 comments:

Liliana said...

Aha! I knew this morning - you got a hair cut. I noticed your profile pic was changed! And you didn't confer with me first? lol! That's okay. Short hair, it has its benefits. I had it real short once and I did love how I had no tickling hairs in my face. I would have short hair if I could also have it long whenever I want. You look lovely! A good hair style makes a happy woman. :)

Jules said...

Your new cut suits you. Glad you're happy with it.

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm fast heading into getting yet another cut myself. I recently had about 10 inches cut off so that it has a blunt hemline. Now? I think it just isn't pretty hair. That said, cutting it isn't going to make it any prettier. I have grays that have a Medusa complex. Sigh...

Love the paintings, Karen. They are gorgeous, especially the bird in flight.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks everyone.

Ice Queen said...

I like your new hair. It looks wonderful and your stylist did a lovely job. I'm glad that you love it and I am also happy for you that you are at peace with your hair and not fighting it, any longer. :D

Your birds are beautiful. I think that the shore bird is a sandpiper. :D

SchnauzerMom said...

I've spent over 50 years living with this hair, it's about time I got it figured out.