Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rainy Day

I love the rain. It's been coming down for a couple of days now. Not a hard rain but enough to take care of the flowerbed. Unfortunately the weeds in the yard will be a foot tall before it's all over. It's chilly out there too, in the 50's. Sassy's not getting any long walks today. In fact the last time we went out it was raining so much that when she got done with her business she literally ran back to the house dragging me behind her.

I haven't done much at all today. The laundry, cleaned the toilet in my bathroom, watched TV. I probably should be doing something useful but I just don't want too. I'm trying to decide if I want to knit, quilt or draw something. Need to dust the furniture but that's work and I don't want to work. I could bake something, I love to bake but then I'd eat it and I don't want to gain back the pound that I lost.

I really appreciate my job especially when so many others don't have jobs but there are times when I wish I didn't have to get and go to work everyday. Maybe someday we'll be able to retire or at least work part time. One can only hope.

Photo of the day. This little building was near the house that I couldn't photograph because I couldn't get near it. I don't know what this building was used for but it was interesting.



But let all things be done properly and in an orderly manner.
1 Corinthians 14:40

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Great verse with this post, Karen. I love the little stone building. Always wanted a stone house myself; they intrigue me. I know that not wanting to do anything mood. I'm in it often.

SchnauzerMom said...

AutumnLeaves, my name is Kathy. Honest mistake, no offense taken.

Jules said...

I'm going back to work today after a two week break and I'm really not that thrilled about it either. But I am thankful for my job so I won't complain too loudly.

FrannyG said...

I like that you decided to have a lazy day, SchnauzerMom. Everyone deserves that from time to time, especially on a rainy day.

I think the photo of the stone cottage is lovely.