Monday, April 12, 2010

Not Yet

No photo of the quilt block yet. I was going to take one today but didn't get around to it. I did work on a block yesterday while we were sitting around at church. We unlock the buildings at 3:30 in the afternoon and then we sit around until church starts at 6:30. We have to do it so early because there are several things going on. Drama Team rehearsals, Bible study classes and so on. The free clothes closet also opens from 5:00 until about 6:15. Sitting around isn't too bad, it's a good time to read or work on some project.

I'd really like to start wearing make-up again. I quit because it makes my face itch. Eye make-up makes my eyes hurt. I love the way make-up looks though. I've heard that mineral make-up is a good choice for people with allergies. I wish I could get a sample bottle just to try it out. Make-up is expensive and I hate to pay full price for something that I can't use. I don't want to wear it everyday, just Sundays and special occasions. I think I'll have a little extra money this week. I might just shop around and see what I can find.

We had 7 kids in Sunday School. We would have had 8 but one of our regulars wasn't there. We had a good lesson and a good time. Every time we tell people that we work with 5th graders they say "ewww 5th graders! We feel sorry for you!" But we love it. When you're doing what the Lord wants you to do it's not a chore. Besides, someone's got to do it.

I think I'll make some chocolate chip cookies later. I'm all out of brownies. All gluten free of course. Bill won't eat them so I have them all to myself.

Photo of the day, out on the Refuge I saw this house a little way off the road. It used to be a residence for the park rangers. It's all boarded up now. It would have been fun to snoop around but we couldn't get close to it unless we walked through high grass and weeds. No thanks, too great a chance for fleas, ticks and snakes. The house wasn't THAT interesting.



Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It sure has a great chimney though!

SchnauzerMom said...

Sure wish I could have checked it out.

Jules said...

All my mineral make up are just sample pots. That way, if I don't like it, then I haven't spent a fortune. Some of the colours I have are suitable for eyes, lips and cheeks so that makes them really versatile. However, I have a lip pencil that also makes a good blusher. Just be careful that you don't get the powder in your eyes because I've found that can make them itch!