Thursday, April 29, 2010

Frustrated

All day long I thought of all kinds of things to say here but now that I'm sitting here they are all gone.  Oh well.  We got paid for doing the wedding reception so we had a little extra money.  So we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel again.  Bill ate the biscuits and gravy and I had the grits.  We both ate the eggs and sausage.  It was a good breakfast.  Afterward we went to Walmart and spent what little money we had.  We didn't use the wedding money just the usual paycheck. 

It was a beautiful day today except for the wind.  That was pretty strong out of the South.  We decided to take a little road trip.  We went to the Great Plains State Park and Tom Steed Lake.  I don't know why but I didn't take any pictures.  On the way into the park we passed some Rangers who were looking at a large (dead) snake.  One held it up and it must have been over 5 feet long.  The sight of that thing put a damper on my desire to get out and wander around.  The wind pushing us around was rough too.  We will go back there and take pictures in the near future.  It was very pretty there.  We took a side road and eventually ended up in Altus.  We passed a couple of very interesting old farmhouses and once again I didn't take any photos.  I'm disappointed in myself.  Not in a picture taking mood I guess.  I was planning on eating lunch in Altus but it was noontime and all the eating places were crowded.  So we ended up eating at home.  I got really sleepy riding around.  I usually do when the weather is bright and sunshiny.  I don't know why but cloudy days don't make me sleepy.  Sassy did really well on the trip.  She still hates the car though.

So when we got home we ate lunch and had a nice nap.  We just finished up season 9 of SG1.  I've enjoyed watching it but I'm really getting tired of all the disasters, stress and strain that they have to go through.  If I didn't already know how it was going to end I'm not sure I could handle it. 

I finished two colored pencil paintings/drawings and one oil pastel.  They don't look all that good but they were fun to do.  The first one is based on a photo I took last fall of a truck coming down a road.  The blue things to the right are buildings.


This drawing/painting is based on a photo that I took of some deer out on the Refuge last fall.  I really like the way it turned out.


Last but not least is the oil pastel that I did of Sunset Rec area out on the Refuge.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out too.  I tried to keep a light hand with it, let some of the paper show through.


Gee, Bill turned off the TV.  That means I can read something.  Sassy needs to play first.

Let all that you do be done in love.
1 Corinthians 16:14

4 comments:

FrannyG said...

Too much wind does not add up to much outdoor fun, does it?

I really like the pictures you're showing today, particularly the oil pastel of the Sunset rec. Very nice.

Liliana said...

Your drawings are beautiful. I can look at the first one for a long, long time.

Autumn Leaves said...

Ooh, all three of these artworks are beautiful! I really like the color intensity with the oil pastels. The first drawing reminds me of that song, "Country roads, take me home...to a place, I belong..." I love when you show your art works. Sounds like you had a great day though! I am much more alive in the darker months myself. Not a fan of sunshine. We did have some fierce winds yesterday around here too!

Unknown said...

Your drawings are really beautiful! I love the colors in the last picture.