Arts for All this weekend! My most favorite festival, celebration, thing that I look forward to all year. I hope I have a little extra money so I can buy something. There is a potter there that we buy from every year. May have to buy just a cup but I'd like to at least get something from him. I wish they would have it in the big city park but they're not. It's in the small park again. I wonder why. There is a lot more space in the big park. Maybe they are worried about security. The thing lasts for 3 days. Whatever. It's usually rainy, windy and stormy on that weekend. It's always the 2nd weekend in May. So far we haven't had any big winds that blow the tents away.
Last Saturday they had the big garage sale on Fort Sill. Hundreds of people participate in it. It was chilly and rainy all day but they didn't cancel it. We looked around but didn't buy anything. Our space is limited, we probably should have a garage sale of our own.
I've got two new drawings, one colored pencil and the other is semi hard pastel. I'll post them here next time.
I could really use some chocolate, something cold and creamy like a milkshake or a mix from Bruam's. But that would require getting in the car and going to get it. I don't really want to do that. I've got some chocolate syrup, I guess I could drink that. Tempting. Maybe I can find something to pour it on.
We are nearing the end of season 10 of SG1. After that there are 2 movies and everything will be wrapped up. Get rid of the ga'ould and the ori. Whew!
I could get some popcorn. No, I'm not pouring chocolate syrup on that.
Photos of the day, iris, iris everywhere.
OK, I've decided on popcorn.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4





5 comments:
Gorgeous irises! You made me smile with your desire for a treat and waffling so! LOL Now you have me craving kettle corn (a natural progression from chocolate to popcorn, sweet to salty!)...
The art festival sounds like something I'd so enjoy! Been to Ft. Sill before and hadn't realized you lived so close! My husband was stationed there for a time and I was down in Wichita Falls with the AF, not far away.
Beautiful, beautiful iris photos! I hope that you enjoy the Festival to its fullest this weekend!
Today's payday. Maybe I'll get some chocolate.
Your irises are beautiful SM!
I want to go to that festival with you! The one I went to recently was very small, though there is another one next weekend; maybe it will be bigger. You'll have to tell us what you bought from your favorite potter. When I become a full-fledged potter, you'll have to tell me what you like so I can make it for you. :) Don't hold your breath though; I have no clue when I'll even be able to set up my potters wheel.
At Christmas we get chocolate covered popcorn here at work. Surprisingly, it was pretty good! :)
April, I just remembered that a few years ago we had some chocolate covered popcorn and it was good. How could I forget that? My husband used to do pottery but stopped. I wish he would take it up again. I believe that I would like whatever you made.
Post a Comment