Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day Off

Time off just doesn't last long enough.  One day isn't enough, never enough.  Oh well.  The temp got up to or near 90.  I didn't watch the weather report so I don't know what it actually got to.  We didn't go anywhere though because we wanted to save some money for Arts for All.  May end up just looking. 

The washing machine is acting up.  I'm going to take our laundry to the church and finish it.  We're not sure if it's worth having it fixed or if we should get a new set, the dryer is acting up too.  Both options require money which we don't have. 

We finally got around to watching Avatar.  We rented it from Hastings.  It was very, very good.  I think I'd like to buy a copy eventually.  I think I'll wait until the price comes down, they want $20 for it now.   It'll be around for a long time I think.  We finished up the SG1 series and now we've started watching the movies.

Wow I've lost 2 more pounds.  I'm on a roll.  I'm tired of looking pregnant, it's time to get that weight off.  The most that I've ever weighed was 175 and that was over 10 years ago.  I'm at 154 right now and on the way down.  I'd like to get to 135 but I'll take whatever weight my body settles at.  I'm trying to eat only when physically hungry.  I have a tendency to eat for all the wrong reasons.  Depression isn't one of them, I usually lose my appetite when I'm depressed.  But boredom is another thing.  When I'm bored all I want to do is eat and eat.  But, since I've been losing weight I'm a lot more motivated.  Clothes are fitting better.

I took photos of my two most recent drawings.  I enjoyed doing both of them and now it's time to start something new. 

So the photos of the day are my two drawings.  The first one is a colored pencil drawing of some dead wood that I photographed on top of Mt. Scott. 


The second one is a semi hard pastel of Lake Lawtonka and Mt. Scott at sunset.


Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2 Corinthians 3:17

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I think both of these paintings are absolutely gorgeous, Karen. I am so proud of you for dropping weight. I do not seem to be able to do it at all. I was amazed to see that I've regained some weight that I lost when I stopped taking meds. I eat very, very little these days and I've been moving around much more, especially this past week. And still? A weight gain? Something just isn't working right! (Whining ensues.)

Liliana said...

Wow. I mean, *wow*. I like them both. Beautiful. The second one reminds me of Manzanar.

Unknown said...

Great job with the weight loss! I am really wanting to get back into shape. My hubby just bought me a treadmill (I asked for it), so hopefully that will help me (as long as I use it!!). That last painting is one of my favorites of yours so far. That is beautiful!

Could you send me your email address? I tried to add you to my blogger account, but I can't find your email anywhere. My email is jen5972@yahoo dot com (I spelled it out so I wouldn't get spammed). Thanks!

SchnauzerMom said...

Jen, I emailed my address to you.