Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stormy Weather

The really severe weather the other day stayed East of us.  We just got a few sprinkles of rain out of it.  That's OK.  I really have no desire to experience a tornado.  I heard that there were over 30 of them, one had 3 vortexes.  Bad stuff.  There was some severe weather to the West of us today but so far it's going North and missing us.  We really could use some rain.  Just don't want to blow away.

Bill's dad was admitted to the hospital Sunday evening.  His sister was visiting and she thought that he looked really bad.  It turned out that he hasn't taken his medicine or oxygen in who knows how long.  He just forgot.  MIL would ask him if he took his meds and he would say yes and she would leave it at that.  He hadn't bathed or shaved in a long time either.  He also had very little to eat.  MIL suffers from depression and just can't look after him the way he needs.  He has Alzheimer's and just forgets things.  He's doing a lot better now that he's back on his meds and oxygen and eating.  SIL is getting him admitted to a rehab facility near where she lives in Duncan.  It will be temporary but I think it would be better if it could be permanent.  It would not be good for him to go home.  There's no telling what he might do.  He might get in the car and go for a drive and not be able to find his way home.  He knows what is happening (losing his memory) and it scares him.  I just hope he can get to a place where he will feel safe and secure.  He's pretty stubborn and so is MIL.  He will go to the rehab place on Friday.

No new drawings or paintings at this time.  I do have some things in mind though.  I really need to work on my sweater.  I may do that when I get done here.

Photo of the day, taken out on the Refuge a couple weeks ago.


For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 Corinthians 5:1

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

How apt your scripture verse for the beginning subject of your post! There is something so appealing to me in your photo. The colors, I think. Spring greens, water blues, grays and browns and blacks...lovely! Hoping that the right decisions will be made for Bill's dad.

Jules said...

Tornadoes are pretty scary. Glad you're okay and that they missed you. Hope your FIL gets the treatment he needs.

FrannyG said...

I am so happy that you were not hit by any tornadoes. I'm so sorry to hear about Bill's dad. It's a really tough situation. I hope that he will do whatever is best.

The photo is just gorgeous.

Just Amy said...

I'll be keeping your FIL and MIL too in my prayers. It's so difficult to have to watch our parents deteriorate.