There was a funeral today. The gentleman was 87 years old. His wife passed away several years ago. They were always active in the church. They loved to work with preschool age children. They were really sweet people. Bill was one of the pallbearers. I didn't know that they actually lift the casket. I always thought they were just for show. Six guys can lift it pretty easily.
Today I found out what jake brakes are. On our drives through some of the small towns around here we would always see a sign that said "no jake brakes." I always wondered what those were and why they didn't want them in their town. Well, I found out that they are a special brake on trucks. They slow down the motor and save wear and tear on the regular brakes. Unfortunately they make a lot of noise when they are being used. Trucks can still go through the towns but they have to use their regular brakes. I found this out because our city is thinking about banning the use of the brakes in town because people in neighborhoods have been complaining of the noise.
Tomorrow is Armed Forces Day and there will be a parade. We have one every year. It's supposed to rain but they are going to have the parade anyway. We have been to several in the past but I don't think I want to sit in the rain to watch this one.
I had to rip out several rows of my knitting because somewhere along the line I dropped 2 stitches. Don't know how that happened but it's fixed now. I was able to keep to the pattern. That's a relief because it's an Aran knit and those can get complicated.
Photo of the day, water pouring over a dam. I bet there is a lot of that happening on the Refuge after all this rain.
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

2 comments:
Hunh; I'd not heard of the term 'jake' brakes before either. We have signs in towns that say no air brakes so I suspect they are the same thing. Interesting (learn something new every day!)!! I do so enjoy the rain and darker skies myself. Not always thrilled with slopping through water, but the darker skies and cooler air always is just so refreshing to me that I'll take the slopping that goes along with it.
Air brakes are different from jake brakes. They make a lot of noise too.
Post a Comment