Monday, May 24, 2010

I Hate Titles

Actually I just hate trying to come up with a title.  I'm not that creative.  I have all kinds of things that I want to say in this blog but when I have time to write I forget what I wanted to say.  Some things are just repeats of things that I have said in the past.

Bill says that I am very bull headed and stubborn.  I have trouble letting go of things.  I go gluten free and then I get off of it and then I get back on it.  I give up sweetened Cokes and then I get back on them and then I get off them again.  These things are health issues though and things that I really need to get a handle on.  Gluten makes me sick and the excess sugar in Cokes makes me sick.  I used to drink Coke all day long and loved it.  I still love it but it doesn't love me.  It's hard to lose weight with all that sugar coursing through the veins and sticking to the hips.  The heavy sugar load really upsets my stomach too.  I guess I should accept the fact that I love it and always will but I can't have it and that's that.  Besides, Diet Coke tastes pretty good too.  The same applies to gluten.  I love baked stuff, bread, muffins, cakes, etc.  I'm pretty much locked in to the idea that I can no longer have it.  I slip up now and then but I'm getting better.  Besides, I'm becoming a pretty good gluten free baker.  Bill hates the taste of the gluten free stuff but I rather like it. 

My other issue is my hair.  I cut it off, try to grow it out and then cut it off again.  I love long hair, at least I love the idea of long hair.  My hair is so thin and it looks pretty stringy when it's long.  Maybe if I had it trimmed regularly that wouldn't happen.  I'll probably never know since I can't leave it alone long enough to find out.  Bill says that he prefers it short but I don't really like it really short, sheared like a sheep short.  I want some hair.  Hair is not an important health issue so I guess it doesn't matter if I ever make up my mind on it.  Besides, I don't want to be locked into the same hair style forever.  A change now and then is good.

I have an idea for a colored pencil drawing but still haven't put it on paper.

There's a tornado warning southwest of us but it's not coming our way.  Thank goodness.

I'm trying to decide if I want to knit, quilt, draw, do housework or just sit and watch TV.

Photo of the day,  I really need to get out and take some new photos.  Everything's nice and green now.



He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

You are so funny. You remind me of me in many ways. Though I've pretty much gotten myself onto water, except when we go out, I do get Diet Coke. It has been a long time since I've baked anything but I sure do love baked goods. I'm like you with the hair, though I think I go for longer stretches in between where I can grow it out to a fair length. Your choices for what you can't figure out what to do made me laugh? Why? Because I often face similar choices and what wins in the end is the tv. It always seems the easiest and is why it takes me so long to get things done. That is annoying to myself. LOLOL

Unknown said...

It would be so much easier with going gluten free/sugar free if stuff with gluten and sugar didn't taste so good! It is not an easy diet, but a necessary one for many of us. It sounds like you are doing a good job with staying gluten free. And the fact that you are able to bake stuff that tastes good really helps. As for the hair, I can completely relate. I keep cutting mine back, then wishing I hadn't, then growing it back out again, then cutting it, and starting the cycle all over again. I would love to be content with my hair!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling down. Don't be so hard on yourself, though, you're only human. Hey, at least you know what you "should" do and you're trying hard! As for your hair, don't worry about it too much. I think you're really lucky and both shorter and longer hair looks good on you. :)

Mary said...

Hi from the northern plains. I'm having trouble with my comments button and nobody can comment on my site yet until blogger gets it fixed.

I had long hair as a young woman, cut it off (wish I hadn't), and now it seems almost impossible to grow back. It is very thick and heavy and gets hot.

Every time I try to grow it back, I give up because it gets hot and must be up in a clip 24/7 and I look skanky (why I cut it in the first place). Groan. Feel your pain.

Came over here from Jules lovely site.