Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gorgeous Day

Our day off is always a great day in my book.  We had breakfast at Cracker Barrel.  I love their grits.  I didn't use to like grits until I started on the gluten free diet.  They are good stuff.  I don't know if what I ate was 100 percent gluten free but it was close, for a restaurant anyway.  After breakfast we went to Wally World and spent a bunch of money.

It was such a beautiful day that we decided to take a road trip.  So we packed up Sassy and our cameras and took off.  First we went to Meridian to visit Bill's dad.  He's in a nursing home there.  He seems to be doing pretty well.  He wants to go home though, can't blame him there.  The longer we visited with him the more we realized that he really needs 24 hour care, someone to keep an eye on him.  His memory is worse and worse.  After visiting with him we took off down the road, went through Comanche and then toward Waurika Lake.  It was really pretty out at the lake.  So quiet, with just a little wind.  It would be nice to be able to go camping there.  Then we went on to Temple, Walters and home.  Sassy did really well.  She's getting better all the time.  Unfortunately I forgot to use sunscreen and my left arm is sunburned (I did the driving).  Gotta remember to put that stuff on.  I don't like to get burned.

Photo of the day,  a nice day on the Refuge. 















Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
2 Corinthians 5:17

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

It does indeed sound like a gorgeous day! You two do similar things to what we do, I think...By and large, just getting out for a ride and stopping when a place looks interesting. I had to laugh when I read you were going to grow out your hair again. I am giving it six months! LOL Still, you have to give it a go, yes? I am going to do the same after my recent short chop. It looks as bad short as it did long. Sigh...

FrannyG said...

I really enjoy hearing about your lovely days off. It's tough knowing that Bill's dad would like to come home, but that he really needs the full-time care.

Beautiful photo, as always.

SchnauzerMom said...

AutumnLeaves, I've decided to forget it. I really like my hair the way it is.

Jules said...

Sounds as if you had a lovely day. Neat photo. My son has cut out a number of gluten containing foods (not all though) and is a lot better for it. Someone told me that gluten-intolerance can flare up when you're unwell or under stress but at other times your body can cope with it. Don't know how true that is but seems to fit my son.