Monday was a cold, rainy day so we didn't go anywhere. We dusted the entire house instead. Almost made ourselves sick, it's been ages since the house has been dusted. We'll probably do it again the next time we take a vacation. We got a lot of nice rain on Monday. Then it all cleared out on Tuesday and it was a glorious day. So we drove out to Medicine Park and took some photos. Today was another really nice day. We got a little rain shower this morning and then it all moved out. This afternoon was really windy but not bad enough to stir up a dust storm. So we went out in the country and looked for old houses again. Got some good photos. We ended up in Wichita Falls where we had dinner at Dairy Queen. We don't have Dairy Queens in our town anymore and I have to confess I wasn't impressed with our meal. Nothing to write home about that's for sure. Sassy has done really well on our road trips. She's not thrilled by them but she's not carsick either. Getting over her fear I guess.
Today I worked for a while on the pillow quilt that I've been dragging out for nearly 2 years. It doesn't normally take that long to get one done if you work on it regularly. I would go for months without touching it. It's almost there now. Of course I have two others cut out and needing to be put together. I'll do it eventually, no hurry.
Photos of the day. The first one was taken yesterday at Medicine Park. This is called Cobblestone Row. They are little cottages where people sell arts and crafts on the weekend. Wish I had a lot of money, I'd buy something from each of them.

The following two photos were taken today. A couple of interesting old houses we found out in the country.


Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:25
2 comments:
Somehow I can't imagine any foolishness in God. I know I'm not missing the point of the verse, truly, but that foolishness of God line rankles a bit. Isn't God perfection? (Of course, I would get hung up in black and whites!) Love the old farmhouses, K. I think we're going to head out today for awhile. Maybe I'll finally find something worth photographing, though hopefully with a painting in mind. It is thundering and lightening and raining here. I am enthralled!! Hope you are enjoying your vacation time! I suspect you are!
I hope you enjoyed your road trip. The verse just means that if God did have foolishness (if that were possible) it would still be greater and stronger than anything man could come up with.
Post a Comment