The holiday season that is. I enjoyed it but now I'm ready to move on. I've really enjoyed this tree, we bought quite a few new ornaments to put on it. I wish we could have put a bunch of gifts under it. We did get a few things for Bill's parents and my mother and brother so it wasn't completely bare.
I've been reading a lot. Finished a book about the Comanches and one about the dust bowl. My brother is reading the Comanche one and I think he will enjoy the one about the dust bowl too. My parents and grandparents lived through the dust bowl and I think that's why it was of interest to me. I remember stories that they used to tell about what life was like. The drought was bad enough but the Great Depression was going on at the same time. It was a rough time.
I started working on a crochet afghan. I think (maybe) if I start now I can get some things made that would make good gifts for next Christmas. I don't know how long this will last, I might burn out by Spring. I have good intentions anyway.
We have the next two days off. I think tomorrow we might go up to Oklahoma City. We haven't been there in a long time and the weather is supposed to be really good. By Friday it will turn cold. That would be a good day to take the decorations down. Saturday morning we will have to work for a while cleaning up after a New Year's party that a group is having at the church. I don't really want to go to the party. I never cared much for New Year's parties.
Photo of the day, this was taken in a town called Apache. I really liked the unusual buildings.
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:10

1 comment:
So glad to be able to come back and visit your blog. I love these buildings too and I'm also not one for New Year's parties. I can't stay up 'til midnight on a bet. LOL
Post a Comment