Thursday, January 13, 2011

Behind

It's been a long time since I posted.  Just haven't felt like doing it.  I had the stomach flu on Sunday, thought I was going to throw up my toes.  I'm still not 100 percent but I do feel better.  I lost a couple of pounds but that's the hard way to do it. 

I'm working on two crochet projects, a rug and an afghan.  The rug is for in front of the kitchen sink and the afghan will probably be a gift next Christmas. 

My stove went out last week so we had to get a new one.  So we're in debt up to our eyeballs.  I love the new stove though.  It doesn't have burners, it has a glass top instead.  The oven door has a window in it so I see what is going on, plus an oven light.  It's nice to be able to cook things without worrying about burning them. 

The weather the last few days has been extremely cold but dry and clear.  You really have to bundle up if you want to go out.  I'm so glad that we missed all the bad weather.  Last year was a rough one and I hope we don't have a repeat of it.


We received our W2 forms yesterday so last night I did our taxes online and sent them in.  We are getting a refund and we pretty much have it spent.  In theory anyway.  The car needs a tune up, so that comes first.  Then we both need new glasses.  Hopefully we'll have enough left to take a trip to the City and spend a couple of days going to museums and such.  That's the plan anyway.

Right now we're watching Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.  Walmart had the whole series on sale for just 10 dollars.  It's good for a laugh.

Photo of the day, an interesting mural that was painted on the wall of a store in Apache.

















No one has beheld God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.
1 John 4:12

3 comments:

Ice Queen said...

I'm sorry your have been sick. Stomach flu is miserable.

Enjoy your new stove. :D

Liliana said...

I'm sorry to hear you were a sickie. Throwing up the toes is no fun at all! Rough way to lose pounds. Did you get a flu shot, I wonder.

Getting a new stove is great. We did too. And with a glass door that you can see inside and a light bulb. It's the little niceties in life that make a big difference.

Keep getting well. I am interested to see the rug you are making. A soft rug in front of the kitchen sink is nice to have.

Autumn Leaves said...

Love that mural; just lovely. I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. That same bug has hit my daughter and my mom out this way. It has skipped me, thankfully. I know how it is to spend money in theory. We do it all the time.