We got our income tax refund and the first thing we're going to do is have the car tuned up. We've had it 5 years and that's never been done. We've had the oil changed regularly but never a tune up. We want it to last as long as possible. I'd like to get some bills paid off before we have to buy another car. Bill is a movie buff and I'm a book worm so we went out and splurged on movies and books. Lots of stuff to see and lots of stuff to read.
Several years ago Bill used to make quilts and now he's talking about starting up again. Making things for gifts for Christmas. I think he would enjoy it. He's a very creative person even though he thinks he's not.
Surprise, surprise I'm back on the gluten free diet again. I stayed off of it long enough to mess myself up really good. Food seems to be an emotional issue with me. The Lord revealed that to me the other day. Food is primarily for building up the body. It's OK to enjoy it but it should not be something that I turn to for emotional comfort. Especially since the things that I consider comfort foods don't agree with me anymore. Part of the problem is accepting the fact that I'm growing older and I can't eat and drink the things that I used to. It's time to accept things the way they are and move on.
No new photos so the photo of the day will have to be an old one. This is one of the bunnies that lives in our neighborhood.
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever . Amen.
Jude 24-25

4 comments:
Aww, look at that little bunny! I'm a book worm too. Michael wanted to buy me a Kindle or an e-reader and I truly just do not want one. I don't want to flip pages every second (I mean how much of a page can fit in that little window?) nor have to worry about the battery dying mid read! Nope; give me a good old fashioned book any day.
Eating gluten free can be a hard thing, especially when everyone around you eats differently. It seems like everywhere I go, whether it be church functions, or to a get together, people are eating things I don't eat. I have to tell myself that it may taste terrific going down, but isn't worth the feeling later. Plus, eating gluten free is very healthy for the body, whether a person is gluten intolerant or not. I just posted a bunch of recipes on my blog that are gluten free! Interesting timing, huh :)?
I've been eating gluten lately too - just because getting gluten free anything where we now live is not as convenient as before - and I almost immedately felt worse. Not sick or anything, but bloated and my energy level decreased. I much prefer a gluten free diet and don't mind it at all. Jen posted some fun recipes on her blog and I'm going to try them as soon as possible. I hope you feel better back on the ol' gluten free diet. :)
I know it's hard to give up some foods that you really enjoy. It's never easy. It's so worth it though SM, especially if it makes you feel rotten.
I hope you enjoy your books.There is nothing like a good book.
I have to get my act together and take our van to get oil changed. It needed to be done in December. I don't like to let it go for too long it I can help it.
Post a Comment