Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rain, Sleet, Snow

And now sunshine.  I guess the storm is over.  It started last night with a thundershower that turned into sleet and then the snow started.  I'm not sure how much we got because the wind is blowing so hard it is making it drift so that it looks like we got a ton when actually we just received a few inches.  Around here a few inches of snow tends to shut everything down and that's good because most of us don't drive well in snow and ice.  This storm is nothing compared to this time last year.  Then we were buried under a thick layer of ice and thousands of people were without electricity.  Thank you Lord that didn't happen this time.  It will be Friday before the snow starts to melt because we won't get above freezing until then.

We're driving my mother's car right now because ours is in the shop getting tuned up.  They needed a part for it so it is taking longer than I would like.  My mom was worried about her car being out in the bad weather all night.  She said it's not used to that.  The poor thing will just have to tough it out like all the other cars around here.  The mechanic quoted us a price for the work.  It will take a big chunk out of our tax refund.  But it's still cheaper than buying a new car.

I took Sassy out earlier this morning and apparently the wind and snow scared her because she didn't do a thing except run around in circles and try to get back in the house.  I don't know why it scared her, we've been out in weather like this before.  Last year was much worse.  It could be the wind.  It could also be the fact that the ground is covered in snow and she can't sniff out the right spot to take care of business.  We'll try again later. 

I had the stomach bug again.  It wasn't as bad this time as it was a couple of weeks ago but still, give me a break.  So many people are sick, I think we're just reinfecting each other, over and over again.

I was planning on buying some snow boots a while back and kept putting it off.  They would come in real handy right now.  I'm wearing Bill's when I take Sassy out.  The snow is too deep to walk around in sneakers.

Sassy is sitting there staring at me.  I wonder if she wants to try and go out again.

Photo of the day, actually three of them.  I took two out the back door and one out the front.

















The lines in the snow (in the photo below) are caused by the wind.  Creating little drifts.  Behind the house it's really deep.



















Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and dine with him, and he with Me.
Revelation 3:20

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you didn't lose electricity! We are still getting the snow, and it is blowing some. They cancelled all the schools, and several businesses. I hope you are over the stomach bug. That sure is not fun!

Autumn Leaves said...

Wind is one powerful sculptor, is it not? We're with you on the snowstorm...

SchnauzerMom said...

It only got up to about 16 degrees today. I'm ready for the wind to calm down and the white stuff to melt off.

April said...

Ohhhh it's cold there! We didn't get hit by this storm, though they predicted for awhile we would. I'm glad ya'll are safe and warm and didn't end up on the road like lots of people did (like I saw on the news!). They were stranded and it looked so cold and scary.