Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Repeat

The snow was almost melted off and now another storm is coming in.  Oh well, it's still winter after all.  We stayed home from work 2 days last week.  On Friday we spent most of the day chopping ice and shoveling snow off the sidewalks of the church.  Talk about tired.  My body didn't want to move at all when I got home. 

We finally got our car out of the shop.  I think it's in good shape now.  We need to take better care of it and not wait so long to have it checked out.  We decided that once a year when we get our refund we need to take the car to the shop and have it looked at and taken care of.  That's a lot cheaper than buying a new car.  We filled up my mom's car with gas and cleaned it up before we returned it to her. 

We went to Walmart earlier this evening.  It's nuts there.  Worse than on Christmas Eve.  People are buying up everything in sight because they're afraid of this storm.  They act like we're going to be snowed under for a month.  We did manage to get the things that we were looking for, well almost everything, they were out of whipped topping.  I think part of the problem is that the trucks are slow coming in.  Probably because of the weather.  I know you can't find a shovel anywhere in SW Oklahoma.  People are funny, they tend to panic. 

One of the reasons I went to Walmart was to get my hair cut.  The salon wasn't crowded at all.  My favorite hairdresser was there.  The one that does the best job cutting my hair.  Now I'm gorgeous again.

Photo of the day,  a rerun.  This photo was taken last year after a snow storm.

















For the Lamb in the center of the throne shall be their shepherd, and shall guide them to springs of the water of life; and God shall wipe every tear from their eyes.
Revelation 7:17

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

A day well spent when one returns home gorgeous! We found the same thing a couple of weeks ago at Walmart. They were completely out of milk save two gallons. Michael bought one of them and it wasn't my usual fat-free variety. We went 'cause we were out, not because of panic at the impending storm. I'm guessing if TX and OK are due for another hit, it may well be working its way here? Sigh...

Daisy said...

I'm not sure if my other comment got through or not SM, but I was saying that my van is at the garage as I type this and the man that drove me home said he heard from a customer, that if he were to boil water and throw it into the air in the evening time, that it would turn to "snow" or ice crystals.

It's just been SO cold this year.

SchnauzerMom said...

We got a total of 4 inches which isn't too bad. The roads are in much better shape than last week. I think it will melt off faster since we're supposed to get warmer temps in the next few days. Hard freeze tonight though.